Keeping unlimited when upgrading from OG Droid

SpaceCracker

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Heres the email I got when I ordered. I kept my old unlimited data and added the unlimited hotspot. Got a discounted rate as well through my job :)

Contract Renewal: 2-year contract
Due Now
--------------

Equipment Upgrade:
1 Motorola DROID BIONIC $249.99

Included accessories for Motorola DROID BIONIC:
Standard Lithium Ion Battery,
Wall/USB Charger (USB Cable), Preinstalled microSD card,
Quick reference Guide, Product Safety Warranty Brochure

Monthly Access
--------------

Service Feature(s):
Mobile Broadband Connect and Mobile Hotspot for 4G LTE
Smartphones $ 24.00

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUMMARY OF CHARGES:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Monthly Savings: $ 6.00

Total recurring monthly access & service charges: $ 23.99

Total one-time charge on your first monthly bill: $ 0.00

Due now: detail of total charges to be billed to credit card

Shipping: Free
Subtotal: $249.99
Taxes, Governmental Surcharges & Fees: $ 17.50
NJ State Sales Tax* $ 17.50

Total charges to be billed to credit card: $267.49

JOEKC

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
It defaulted to keeping my existing plan when I upgraded last night, and actually said it red lettering something along the lines of "If you change your plan you can not go back to an unlimited plan." It never forced me, or in anyway indicated that changing my plan was necessary.
I had the same experience

dcgore

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
You'll be able to keep the unlimited data. I just got my bionic in exchange for a tbolt and still have my unlimited data.

rlb81

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
GF Verizon; thats actually really smart on their part lol.

Kinda slick if you ask me.

I think it's a load of BS if you ask me. I was playing around on the site this morning and saw this as well.

The website tells you that you must update your data plan because it's not compatible with the phone. I'm upgrading an original Droid and a DroidX, so this is an outright lie and is a slimy business tactic designed to take advantage of the uninformed.

On the other hand anyone that falls for this is almost as guilty. Pay attention to what you're doing! Gotta love corporations. Grab your ankles everyone!

Anyway, I didn't order online. I'm hoping they wont be sold out at my local store(s) this evening. I have 5 I can go to off the top of my head, so I should be in good shape!

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
I couldn't sleep so I left my house at 6 am and it is now 745 am and I am still the only 1 here. I can see the employees inside the store wearing in their bionic shirts ;) maybe I'm the only crazy person in Omaha. Store opens at 9

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11