Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
5sVN6.jpg

ueoTA.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Ixath

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
My baby finally gets some love after being exposed to 3 megapixels for too long. took it with a sandwich and a drink in my hands while walking out of work, so it's not the highest quality shot or anything but shrug.

edit:
added a pic of my other baby eating her foot.. and I threw in a macro shot just seeing how it looks

Last edited:

jtuscano

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Not too bad of picture quality. My Incredible and Droid Charge had much better picture quality. Still really like the phone regardless.:cool:

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Not too bad of picture quality. My Incredible and Droid Charge had much better picture quality. Still really like the phone regardless.:cool:

Ummm is that some really messed up speakers...or like the cylinders on an engine? I can't really tell but those things are huge.

pdecell

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Took both my Bionic and my Canon Rebel out today and I thought people might like to see some more images. These are the sorts of things I might take out and about and I think the Bionic's camera really held its own. These are unretouched and taken either with the landscape or scene settings or macro settings.

Here is a Bionic macro shot of a hibiscus:
Bionic Macro | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

and the Canon rendering of the same flower using the standard lens with the macro setting.
Hibiscus-macro canon | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

If you click through to the pics and look at the full size image- the Bionic really does rival the canon in terms of detail, though the Bionic coloring is cooler in color; the Canon is more accurate here.

Here is a set of concrete stairs at the Park I was at. First the Bionic:
Red rails | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
and the Canon:
Red lined stairs-canon | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The Canon's colors are more accurate but I actually prefer the Bionic Image which was taken on auto.

By the way I have complained myself about the auto focus and wondered how well it would handle moving subjects like Kids. This is my son who was competing in a foot race. He was not going to hold still for a slow autofocus!
He's off! Bionic | Flickr - Photo Sharing!:D

Finally, my last shots. A couple of low hanging Osage oranges:
First the Bionic:
Osage Orange-Bionic | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
And then the Canon-standard lens on macro setting:
Osage -Canon | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

If you click through to the full sized versions of these in my Flickr stream you'll see that the Bionic in good light can rival my DSLR in capturing detail. I don't know that this is the best phone camera out there in terms of image quality, and it really can't replace a good modern point and shoot, but I am more than pleased with the camera's performance outdoors. :):):)

Oh I did play with the Panorama feature-the result is interesting but the images are not full sized. So not a feature that is quite ready for prime time- but it is slick the way it works.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Took both my Bionic and my Canon Rebel out today and I thought people might like to see some more images. These are the sorts of things I might take out and about and I think the Bionic's camera really held its own. These are unretouched and taken either with the landscape or scene settings or macro settings.

and the Canon rendering of the same flower using the standard lens with the macro setting.

If you click through to the pics and look at the full size image- the Bionic really does rival the canon in terms of detail, though the Bionic coloring is cooler in color; the Canon is more accurate here.

and the Canon:

The Canon's colors are more accurate but I actually prefer the Bionic Image which was taken on auto.

By the way I have complained myself about the auto focus and wondered how well it would handle moving subjects like Kids. This is my son who was competing in a foot race. He was not going to hold still for a slow autofocus!

First the Bionic:

If you click through to the full sized versions of these in my Flickr stream you'll see that the Bionic in good light can rival my DSLR in capturing detail. I don't know that this is the best phone camera out there in terms of image quality, and it really can't replace a good modern point and shoot, but I am more than pleased with the camera's performance outdoors. :):):)

Oh I did play with the Panorama feature-the result is interesting but the images are not full sized. So not a feature that is quite ready for prime time- but it is slick the way it works.

How's the image reproduction of this camera vs. The thunderbolts camera?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

wpwoodjr

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Burned out school bus captured as we drove by Rt 422 in Pa; nice to have a good camera on you when you see something interesting :)

14650d1315784664-post-pictures-taken-bionic-camera-uploadfromtaptalk1315784675698.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reactions: jroc

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

and the Canon:

First the Bionic:

Whoever sees this post and still think the camera is "horrible' "horrific" "SUCKS!!!" or whatever descriptive term thats used for it....I dont know what else to say except everybody's entitled to their opinion...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca