setting up exchange servers

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
When you go into setting up accounts, select the "Corporate Sync" option, that is for Exchange. The Email one is for IMAP/POP3 only

natty dread

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
hmm, i tried that, and im getting a message that "the server address should be formatted correctly". in order to access email over the web, i go to mail.companyname.com/exchange, which is what i thought would be used for the server address

SonicJoe

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Does your company support Exchange Active Sync? Ask your IT Dept. about it. It won't be the same address as you use to access webmail, I don't think.

My company doesn't support it. We use BB only.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
hmm, i tried that, and im getting a message that "the server address should be formatted correctly". in order to access email over the web, i go to mail.companyname.com/exchange, which is what i thought would be used for the server address

First thing's first, you need to check with your IT department to see if they have Mobile access enabled for your account on the exchange server. Second thing, the server address is going to be the same as your webmail address EXCEPT you are going to leave off the /EXCHANGE or /OWA at the end of it. For example, if your webmail address is https://mail.mycompany.com/exchange then you would enter mail.mycompany.com as your server address; leave off the HTTPS:// and the /EXCHANGE part of it. Exchange will route the mobile device to the right connector to retrieve emails so long as Mobile access is enabled on your account.

bweyrauch

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
First thing's first, you need to check with your IT department to see if they have Mobile access enabled for your account on the exchange server. Second thing, the server address is going to be the same as your webmail address EXCEPT you are going to leave off the /EXCHANGE or /OWA at the end of it. For example, if your webmail address is https://mail.mycompany.com/exchange then you would enter mail.mycompany.com as your server address; leave off the HTTPS:// and the /EXCHANGE part of it. Exchange will route the mobile device to the right connector to retrieve emails so long as Mobile access is enabled on your account.
I got my Bionic set up and sync'ed with Exchange using Corporate Sync successfully. I set it up like this: (I used the manual setup feature)

email address: my.name@mycompany.com
username: DOMAIN\username
password: *********
Domain: I left this blank

server: webmail.mycompany.com

Use Secure connection was checked.

substitute your personal setup info as needed. When I had the domain box filled in, I got a "Login Failed, please try again" message.

Good luck!

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I got my Bionic set up and sync'ed with Exchange using Corporate Sync successfully. I set it up like this: (I used the manual setup feature)

email address: my.name@mycompany.com
username: DOMAIN\username
password: *********
Domain: I left this blank

server: webmail.mycompany.com

Use Secure connection was checked.

substitute your personal setup info as needed. When I had the domain box filled in, I got a "Login Failed, please try again" message.

Good luck!

Some IT dept will require the domain as part of the login such as domain\user, others don't. This is information you are going to have to get from your IT department otherwise the original poster is going to be spinning their wheels.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463