Notification light

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Does this phone have a notification light on the front. It looks like it should but I am not getting it for e-mails and for charging. If it does how do you turn it on.

thehammer69

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it is to the right of the ear speaker. Its real tiny and not that bright though. The DroidX's light I am used to is much better.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I can see where it is but I am not seeing anything light up when I charge it or get an e-mail. Do I need to turn something on to get it?

techsamaritan

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
even with the led, all you need is No-Led, EXCELLENT on screen notifications! Love it on my Nexus S! It's free too! I had to hook them up with some $.

xjoshuax89

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Top right. I don't know why some people are complaining about the light. I mean do you need to see a huge LED light to tell you that something happened? Any flashing light should notify you. Besides its only a tad bit smaller. Stop acting like little kids people...

LNJKD

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
ok this is a complete and total noobish thing to ask but I'm a noob: how do you edit the settings for the led notification?

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
The notification light doesn't flash for a received email or text IF the display is on. If the display is off I'm getting the green notification light for both emails and texts. I tested this with a friend just now and his Atrix works the exact same way.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
The light does work but I didn't realize that is blinks every 2-3 seconds. I guess I didn't notice it at first but now I see it. I would like it to stay lit instead of blink. If there's an app for that please let me know.
One thing for sure, there is no light when charging and when its fully charged. It appears you have to hit the power button to see how much the battery is charged. Again I would like the light to show when charging and when its fully charged so if you know of an app please let me know.
Thanks.

jmullinsiu

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
ok this is a complete and total noobish thing to ask but I'm a noob: how do you edit the settings for the led notification?

I believe it depends on what application you are trying to set.I believe for text its a text message setting, email its an email setting.

The only thing I customized was handcent so far.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reactions: clearrants

pcolevr

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Okay - I'm stumped.

I got my Bionic last night...totally thrilled so far except I don't have a LED notification light for ANYTHING - not for missed calls, e-mail or texts received, haven't seen a single blink.

I just need to confirm that others that have the phone in hand are getting LED notifications and if anyone knows if there is a setting or I may have a defect... I have checked all the settings for e-mail, texts, etc. and find nothing. If I need to swap the phone out, I want to do so before I spend another 24 hours customizing!

Appreciate any input!

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Okay - I'm stumped.

I got my Bionic last night...totally thrilled so far except I don't have a LED notification light for ANYTHING - not for missed calls, e-mail or texts received, haven't seen a single blink.

I just need to confirm that others that have the phone in hand are getting LED notifications and if anyone knows if there is a setting or I may have a defect... I have checked all the settings for e-mail, texts, etc. and find nothing. If I need to swap the phone out, I want to do so before I spend another 24 hours customizing!

Appreciate any input!

i get a blinking green light from time to time.

EDIT: I also now see that there is a blue blinking light too. I am gonna guess that blue is for missed calls?

Last edited:

pcolevr

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Top right. I don't know why some people are complaining about the light. I mean do you need to see a huge LED light to tell you that something happened? Any flashing light should notify you. Besides its only a tad bit smaller. Stop acting like little kids people...

For the record, I am not acting like a child - I DON'T have a notification light...however small or insignificant it may be, my Bionic doesn't have anything at all blinking anywhere no matter if the voice message / text/ missed call is received with the display off. I was asking a legitimate question to see if any other new owners were missing the LED light as I am, and if so is there a remedy. I'm sure you understand :)

Cvballa3g0

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the light flow app so far the sms led works so far. The light is tinter and weaker than the og Droid =(

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Timokreon

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I too thought I had issues with the notification light. Missed calls, email... everything was not turning the light on.

One thing for me, and maybe for you as well? I had a case on mine,, which covered the light at the extreme right upper side. The place I thought was the LED indicator is the light sensor, the LED is almost all the way to the right and top.

:shrug: I felt like an idiot after I realized this. Took the case back and told the store about it and had to show them because they thought the light sensor was the indicator as well.

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I've been getting my blinks just fine, even in blue and purple colors. The one thing I've noticed though, as someone said earlier in the thread, the notification light will only light up if the display is off. I think this is another way of saving battery. If your screen is on, you shouldn't need a notification led. That's the thinking I'm guessing Moto used. Makes sense to me too. If you haven't seen any blinks, maybe you should take the phone back to the store? Or have someone send you a text message AFTER your screen has turned off. That way you'll know for sure.

Reactions: 1812dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12