Very disappointed in the camera

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I couldnt wait to get my hands on this phone and just back from Best Buy about an hour ago and was taking some pictures of my kids when I got home. I am incredibly disappointed in the camera with this phone. The pictures are no where near as good as my last 3 phones (OG Droid, HTC Incredible, iPhone 4). Does anybody else feel the same way??

xjoshuax89

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
8MP camera. While I admit it is still slow and laggy quality actually ain't too shabby. Much better than the iphone 4 so I don't know what that's about.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
I couldnt wait to get my hands on this phone and just back from Best Buy about an hour ago and was taking some pictures of my kids when I got home. I am incredibly disappointed in the camera with this phone. The pictures are no where near as good as my last 3 phones (OG Droid, HTC Incredible, iPhone 4). Does anybody else feel the same way??

I can't go into detail really as I haven't spent a TON of time on that particular piece of the phone, but it sure as heck is alot better than my OG Droid. That thing lagged TERRIBLY taking pictures, i could never time it right to catch something. Quality seems better on the Bionic also and I can snap pictures about every second.

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Storm had the best camera ever! 3.2MP
Carl zesis lense i think is the key. Took long but was very clear.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Storm had the best camera ever! 3.2MP
Carl zesis lense i think is the key. Took long but was very clear.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Carl Zeiss is a brand name. It doesn't mean much. The fact that cameras with Zeiss lenses that are crap exist, and amazing cameras that don't have one, proves that to be true.

shadrap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I went to check the Bionic and the camera is what made me hold onto my iPhone 4. Bionic has a shutter lag and the quality is sub par to the iPhone. Gonna wait and see what else comes this fall.

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I went to check the Bionic and the camera is what made me hold onto my iPhone 4. Bionic has a shutter lag and the quality is sub par to the iPhone. Gonna wait and see what else comes this fall.

Ya not gonna lie there is a very good chance I go back to the iPhone and see what else is in the pipeline.

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if anyone caught this or not.

Go into settings and make sure it's not defaulting to 6MP, if so change it to 8MP.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Here's one thing to try...I'm a videographer and I'm often disappointed in the quality of videos and pictures come out on smartphones. When you look at the camera app that Motorola has together, it's a total piece of crap compared to all the manual settings you can get on an iPhone 4. The hardware IS there, it's just the software. So I suggest trying a better camera app that is made for actually taking good pictures, Motorola's is made for just taking quick pictures quickly and not in perfect quality.

Pierpoint

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The camera on my Incredible spanks this one. But, one thing I do like is all the functionality and modes. Panorama right out of the box if a first for me. The colors come out a little cold imo.

What's up with no resolution settings in camera mode? I mean I know you can resize in editor or messaging, but it'd be nice.

anon(12803)

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Here's one thing to try...I'm a videographer and I'm often disappointed in the quality of videos and pictures come out on smartphones. When you look at the camera app that Motorola has together, it's a total piece of crap compared to all the manual settings you can get on an iPhone 4. The hardware IS there, it's just the software. So I suggest trying a better camera app that is made for actually taking good pictures, Motorola's is made for just taking quick pictures quickly and not in perfect quality.
Any suggestions on a better camera app?

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The iphone takes the user out if the equation taking pics. Quality pics must be tweaked on Moto devices. It is 80% software. MIUI camera on a 8MP DROID is beautiful and fast. I passed on the Bionic. But I am sure if you spend time with it, you can get Amazing pics. The video stabilization on the iphone makes me drool!

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Vignette
https://market.android.com/details?id=uk.co.neilandtheresa.NewVignette&hl=en

Camera360
https://market.android.com/details?id=vStudio.Android.GPhotoPaid&feature=top-paid

These are two of the most popular ones. Vignette is a good app, but for me (Droid X) is semi slow in taking pics IMO, but I still use it.

Check the market and see if one works for you.
https://market.android.com/apps/PHOTOGRAPHY

Vignette is the one I've seen that took those amazing photos. I'd have to try to dig it up again, but that review is probably long gone. But yes, it made the Droid 3 camera take amazing photos, should do the same for the Droid Bionic.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante