3G stays on while connected to Wifi

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I am in a 3G area. When I am at home and my phone is connected to my network, the 3G icon is still displayed. This was not the case with my D3.

Is this a display bug, or is the phone still connected to the cellular data network even though its also on my wifi connection?

Any ideas?

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
what about if the 4g and wifi icons are both blue. it looks like from what you said my phone is connection to both networks

sixfootsideburns

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
what about if the 4g and wifi icons are both blue. it looks like from what you said my phone is connection to both networks

Then you should seal it in cement and sink it to the bottom of a river, its probably self aware, pissed off because it "feels used" and its stealing all your **** and storing it in another location off site.

just sayin... it might be the case

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
When I'm connected to my Wifi...service bars are still present in blue but it doesn't say 3G or 4G...should this be the case? Is it just the voice signal?

Soapinmouth

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it should be showing 3g or 4g when wifi is on though, shouldn't the whole radio shut off? I've never seen a phone do this before. I had wifi on all day and cell standby still used more battery then wifi.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it should be showing 3g or 4g when wifi is on though, shouldn't the whole radio shut off? I've never seen a phone do this before. I had wifi on all day and cell standby still used more battery then wifi.

Exactly what's going on with me. I'm sitting around connected to my wifi, but signal strength is still in blue. It went white randomly for a few minutes...anyone know what to do?