So is this Bionic the hot new thing to get? I got a message from verizon offering an early upgrade and was thinking either the bionic or the iphone. Options please.
    09-10-2011 11:47 AM
    So is this Bionic the hot new thing to get? I got a message from verizon offering an early upgrade and was thinking either the bionic or the iphone. Options please.
    Well, the Bionic is basically 2x (or more) better than the iPhone 4, maily because the iPhone came out more than a year and a half ago. Also, Android FTW...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    09-10-2011 11:51 AM
    Well, the Bionic is basically 2x (or more) better than the iPhone 4, maily because the iPhone came out more than a year and a half ago. Also, Android FTW...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Wow I thought it just came out at the end of last year. I always seem to get old phones when I upgrade and I for sure don't want to do that again. The droid 2 came out like the same day I got my droid but yet verizon didn't tell me that.
    09-10-2011 11:56 AM
    Apple isn't 4g

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    09-10-2011 11:57 AM
    It's all personal preference. Depending g who you talk to they will either love it or hate either one. I personally don't want anything to do with iphone and (so far) love my bionic. If your on the fence wait for iphone 5 and play with them both.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    09-10-2011 11:59 AM
    I just want to make sure I don't end up with another slow phone like the droid I have now. If this bionic is a good phone than that's good enough for me. I love the android platform so I have no problems sticking with it.

Any other suggestions on a new phone are welcome.
    09-10-2011 12:06 PM
    Well, honestly, you're in the Bionic section of an Android forum so obviously we like the Droid Bionic, you will get a different answer if you go to an iphone forum, lol.;

Seriously, though, I was at the VZW store yesterday and they were selling and iPhone 4 to this woman and it was all I could do not to scream - the iphone 5 will be out in like a month!

You need to decide if you want to be in Apple's "ecosystem" and want a solid, smooth, simple to use device that is quite limited in customization and experience. (choose iphone)

Or

if you would like cutting edge of Android with integrated Google services that does all the iphone does plus much more and is very customizable but can have a large learning curve and that allows you so much freedom to do what you want that they can be a less "smooth" experience than the iphone. (the Bionic would be an excellent choice and serve you well through a 2 year contract)

I personally wouldn't want to have to use an iphone even if you gave me one. Not that the hardware isn't great and the interface smooth, but I don't own any Apple hardware, I never liked itunes, i own a Cowon J3, and I have never owned an ipod (although they have improved the audio quality was always substandard) and wouldn't want to. Apple wants you to have the user experience that they want and do not allow for much freedom or choice.

Anyway, I am rambling. You need to decide what kind of experience you want. Apple v. Android is almost a life, or philosophical decision more than a product decision. Once you decide that we can probably help you more.
    09-10-2011 12:23 PM
    You need to decide what kind of experience you want. Apple v. Android is almost a life, or philosophical decision more than a product decision. Once you decide that we can probably help you more.
    Well I am very happy with the Android system so I guess I should probably stick with it. Now the question is what phone I am going to get. Something tells me that I want this bionic, I just want to make sure its what I want before I get stuck with another phone that I'm not happy with (happens to me every time).
    09-10-2011 12:31 PM
    My advice is to read through the forums, take note of the good and the bad things people are saying about the bionic. Decide which of those things, both good and bad, are important to you, then go to the store and test them. Do as much testing as you need to decide if its right for you. its a big purchase that you will have to live with for 2 years, so take your time and make an informed decision.
    09-10-2011 12:46 PM
    My advice is to read through the forums, take note of the good and the bad things people are saying about the bionic. Decide which of those things, both good and bad, are important to you, then go to the store and test them. Do as much testing as you need to decide if its right for you. its a big purchase that you will have to live with for 2 years, so take your time and make an informed decision.
    Well I just noticed that this phone JUST came out within the last few days so I doubt I will see too many problems that may show up down the road. I'm gonna go down to the store and if everything feels and looks right I'm just gonna go for it.

This early upgrade really caught me off guard since its only been 1 year since I got my last early upgrade.
    09-10-2011 12:52 PM
    Well I am very happy with the Android system so I guess I should probably stick with it. Now the question is what phone I am going to get. Something tells me that I want this bionic, I just want to make sure its what I want before I get stuck with another phone that I'm not happy with (happens to me every time).
    The majority of Droid 1 users were happy with their phone, including me, and from what I have hear most Droid X users were happy with their phone. A lot of Bionic buyers are coming from these 2 phones and we have researched and waited for it. With the specs the Bionic has you will have as good a chance of having it work well into the future as any phone that will be released in the near future. Don't listen to anyone who says "xyz" phone is gonna have a 1 gazillion HZ processor because it is nonsense - the next generation of Mobile SoCs is 6 months away minimum. As always, in a fast moving tech area there will be other good products on the heals of the Bionic, possibly even some slightly better in 2 or 3 months - but you've gotta jump in sometime.

Some have an issue with the Bionic screen, most don't - but you should check it out and see if it is a deal breaker for you.. Besides that, I don't see how you can go wrong with the Bionic right now. Although, if you mention things that have bothered you about phones in the past or what aspects of the phone will be important to you someone may be able to confirm whether the Bionic is the phone for you or not.

Good Luck!
    09-10-2011 12:58 PM
    Although, if you mention things that have bothered you about phones in the past or what aspects of the phone will be important to you someone may be able to confirm whether the Bionic is the phone for you or not.
    Honestly the only thing I don't like about my Droid 1 is the speed and at time it gets really laggy. The only time I had any kind of issues with it is when I went to Washington D.C.. For some reason it constantly locked up to where I had to pull the battery to restart. As soon as I got out of the D.C. area it was fine...

I also never used the keyboard (it sucks) on it so that's something I don't need.

Google email and calendar is also something that I use a lot of, that's what keeps me interested in the Android phones.
    09-10-2011 01:08 PM
    You'll be very satisfied with the speed of the Bionic. It has the dual core processor and the 1GB of ram.
    09-10-2011 01:16 PM
    Honestly, the iphone is a wonderful piece of hardware that fits many peoples needs, just not mine. That said, if you want one, do yourself a favor and wait till the next one comes out. Paying 200-300 for old sauce is no good.

I snagged a bionic because it fits my needs, the screen issue is not terribly noticeable to me and I want 4g. There are other good android phones coming out but I dig motos and I am bad at waiting. Also, it still feels nice in hand with the extended battery, about the same thickness as an OG Droid with a hard case.
    09-10-2011 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD