What is pentile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latteart

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if anyone has done thier research on the screen subject but here is a guide that explains the different screen technologies. I will list some photos to get you to click the link to find out more for yourself. No I didn't write the article and no I don't know anyone that is associated with it nor do I make any money from this or the website just to be clear.

Link: On RGBW, Pentile, Sub-pixels and ‘Graininess’ of mobile displays | Expiance

With that said in order of appearance SAMOLED+, AMOLED(pentile), LCD pentile.
rgb-stripe-vs-rgbg-vs-rgbw-pentile.png

rgbw-photo.png

Hope this explains why colors are not correct, and the screen is so bright. Basically looking at a RGBW screen is like looking directly in a light and having everything directly around it washed out but objects slightly farther away seem to be lit up brightly. The W over powers the other colors and makes the screen brighter while seeming to use less power.

Reactions: monicadayy

JustLeft

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if anyone has done thier research on the screen subject but here is a guide that explains the different screen technologies. I will list some photos to get you to click the link to find out more for yourself. No I didn't write the article and no I don't know anyone that is associated with it nor do I make any money from this or the website just to be clear.

Link: On RGBW, Pentile, Sub-pixels and ‘Graininess’ of mobile displays | Expiance

With that said in order of appearance SAMOLED+, AMOLED(pentile), LCD pentile.
rgb-stripe-vs-rgbg-vs-rgbw-pentile.png

rgbw-photo.png

Hope this explains why colors are not correct, and the screen is so bright. Basically looking at a RGBW screen is like looking directly in a light and having everything directly around it washed out but objects slightly farther away seem to be lit up brightly. The W over powers the other colors and makes the screen brighter while seeming to use less power.
The bionic is RGBW right?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

After starting this thread in the GSII forum it's only a matter of time before you get reported for trolling. I'm not sure why you're so obsessed with the Bionic's pentile screen. Read the trolling sticky and move on.

Bionic H.A.T.E.R.S. = Having Anger Towards Everyone Reaching Success

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams