Day 3 Stuck red Pixel

Archerdude

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have one stuck pixel on the screen. I have never seen a phone with a stuck pixel before. Of course its red so it shows up real good. Does anyone know what the exchage policy is for stuck pixels?

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
The policy is you take it in and they give you another.

Is it it's truly that policy? I know with lcd monitors, they actually believe that there is a percentage of bad pixels that justifies replacement. So let's say you get a brand new laptop and you have 1 bad pixel on it, they will not replace it. This is at least the way it was 4 years ago.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Is it it's truly that policy? I know with lcd monitors, they actually believe that there is a percentage of bad pixels that justifies replacement. So let's say you get a brand new laptop and you have 1 bad pixel on it, they will not replace it. This is at least the way it was 4 years ago.

If you say your model is defective, they should replace it, that's the policy. Make up something else if they won't take it. "The phone is randomely rebooting all the time too." That'll work just fine.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
If you say your model is defective, they should replace it, that's the policy. Make up something else if they won't take it. "The phone is randomely rebooting all the time too." That'll work just fine.

Believe me, I completely agree with you. I just know in the past with laptops and such that they would not accept it as a faulty device and you would potentially have to cover restocking fees if you decided to return it due to a non failure

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
If you are within your 14 day period then just walk in and tell them you are not happy with the phone because of the stuck pixel, they will exchange with a brand new one. Out of 14 days then you'll need to deal with service.

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Wife's first Droid 3 had a stuck pixel and then a flickering row of pixels. They exchanged it on the spot. No questions asked.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I literally would get a new phone almost every 3 months with my OG Droid and my Droid X. Any little thing went wrong with my phone and I took it in for service. I know I had a phone, maybe even two, replaced for a dead pixel. They looked at it and said "We'll overnight you a replacement.".

I'm all about customer service and my Verizon store takes very good care of me.

Also, on a side note, I did return a brand new Toshiba laptop once because of a dead pixel. Best Buy just powered it on to check it and handed me anothe one, no questions asked.

rgarling

Apr 12, 2010
www.twitter.com

As long as you have done a factory data reset and it's hasn't taken care of the issue, policy is it will be considered DOA. My X did that and they gave me my one exchange as DOA. No issues. Just had to call tech first, tell them the issue and have tech note the account and they'll send out another handset.

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
You could try to undo the stuck pixel. Not sure but I bet there is an app out there for that to flash the screen. It doesn't always work.

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
i noticed a pixel on my screen also called verizon and they said they'd switch it out since it's within the 14 days they'll give me a brand new one

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21