Apps Moved to SD Card disappear

saheemg

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
If I move apps to the SD card, e.g., keepass, dropbox, and google earth, they eventually disappear, but icons still appear in the app draw. When I click the icon, a message appears saying app is not installed. I haven't figured out when exactly they disappear yet.

Anyone come across this? Any possible solutions?
Thanks!

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

SonicJoe

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
If I move apps to the SD card, e.g., keepass, dropbox, and google earth, they eventually disappear, but icons still appear in the app draw. When I click the icon, a message appears saying app is not installed. I haven't figured out when exactly they disappear yet.

Thanks!

There is already a thread or two on this. I think we'll just have to wait for an update to fix it. In the mean time, there is more than enough app storage on the Bionic. Personally, I just stopped worrying about it.

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
thank god someone else is having this problem. I was so confused as I was missing 6 Apps and I'd reinstall them...move them over...then they're gone haha. ok no biggie, plenty of storage room on board.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Thanks!

I asked the same thing a few days ago.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

gdad

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been having the same problem with apps disppearing. Thought about upgrading to a 32Gb SD card to see if I have the same problem. I wonder if it's a software glitch or a faulty SD card. Seems like differnt apps disappear each time. I think for $300 all the features should work,

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
It's because they have three sections - phone internal storage - sd-ext, and sd.

When you move them you're moving them to what they call media - and that's why they vanish.

I wouldn't move them until they resolve the issue.

Reactions: Johnly

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Again ok please stop moving apps to sd card. CORY please make a sticky explanation why there is no need. We have 4gb dedicated to apps. Also how many threads do we need on this?

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Again ok please stop moving apps to sd card. CORY please make a sticky explanation why there is no need. We have 4gb dedicated to apps. Also how many threads do we need on this?

The above is not a solution.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Jkoldha

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
You could root and use Titanium backup. Happened to me twice sofar but every time I restore, the apps come right back to the screen.

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, had the same problem too, annoying but doing a restart (without battery pull) fixes that problem for me. It happens most often when i plug into mass storage mode.

but i quick restart and everything is back.

gathome

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here only I lost about 50 apps! Apps stay and function until the phone is powered off. Mine do not return after restarting the phone. I have to uninstall the "com." file left behind and download again. NOT HAPPY! Also keep getting "not enough storage space" when I try to download missing apps again. Again, NOT HAPPY! Moving all apps that remain those to phone now and will try to download without moving to sd card this time. But good to know it's a known issue. After restoring and losing apps three times I was ready to return the phone! :-*

fogflyer

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here only I lost about 50 apps! Apps stay and function until the phone is powered off. Mine do not return after restarting the phone. I have to uninstall the "com." file left behind and download again. NOT HAPPY! Also keep getting "not enough storage space" when I try to download missing apps again. Again, NOT HAPPY! Moving all apps that remain those to phone now and will try to download without moving to sd card this time. But good to know it's a known issue. After restoring and losing apps three times I was ready to return the phone! :-*

Hi, I think I am having this problem with one of my apps. I uninstalled it, but the install button does not appear on the market page. Where can I find this .com file to delete it?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
How is it a bug if moto designed it that way. Again bionic has dedicated memory app memory. The app developers need to write code to to utilize there app data to store on SD card.
No, but the problem is a software bug and as such there's nothing else we can do until Motorola fixes it. So it is the only solution for now.

mebobio

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem, including netflix. I have around 180 Apps on my bionic, when I power the phone off and then back on, around 30 apps are missing. I was and still am under the 14 day return, went back to verizon they replaced the bionic, with the same problem. Only lose apps that are moved to the sd card. Funny thing is, power it off and on a few times, and sometimes some will show back up on the phone. Last apps I lost were, netflix, adobe air, key ring, krogers, my backup pro, and a few other miscellaneous apps.