I like to leave my phone in the standard dock overnight for the alarm clock mode and to charge my phone. Should I worry about overcharging the phone and ruining the battery? Same with docking it on the car mount every time I drive. This used to be an issue with past batteries...not sure if still holds true with the bionic batteries. A verizon tech said not to overcharge and another one said not to worry. What's the true answer?
    09-12-2011 10:12 AM
    09-12-2011 10:20 AM
    I like to leave my phone in the standard dock overnight for the alarm clock mode and to charge my phone. Should I worry about overcharging the phone and ruining the battery? Same with docking it on the car mount every time I drive. This used to be an issue with past batteries...not sure if still holds true with the bionic batteries. A verizon tech said not to overcharge and another one said not to worry. What's the true answer?
    No, as long as you are using Motorola charging products and batteries it will not overcharge. It even says it in the Bionic manual. They come with a chip that will stop charging once the battery is full. If you're using a cheap charging product then it may overcharge.
    09-12-2011 10:26 AM
    Hopefully the battery is the one that stops it. I noticed that actually the battery dock ( the dock with charges an extra battery and can charge the Bionic also ) it does not stop charging.

Tested it with 3 separate docks. I thought it was broken at first but I have been assured that its "normal".

So I got 1 battery put it on the charger. Took it off charger once it said it was fully charged. Put it into my phone and turned the phone on. Phone says that battery has 100% charge. Took the battery out immediately and put it back on the battery dock. Battery dock would keep charging for another 30 min before saying it was "charged" again. Tested this with 3 different battery docks.

The HD station is different. I charge it fully obviously with the phone. Take the phone off and then put the phone back on and still says 100% charge and the regular tip...

Anyone else having such issues or noticed this yet?
    09-12-2011 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD