Did you drop your Bionic yet?

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Thought this might be a fun thread.
Now that you have a fancy new phone and you are so careful with it; tell us if you dropped your phone. Report any damage that may have occurred to your phone or to you emotionally ;)

I just dropped mine today. I bought it on release day. Thankfully I got a case protector yesterday. I was about to sit on my office chair when it slipped out of my hand. First thought was "I just bought the damn thing !" Thankfully no damage so everything is fine.
Hey... I should check whether the fall shook it up enough to have fixed the mixed network mode bug ;)

Good post idea.
Id like to include that we add which future case we are getting after that fall.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

moradroid

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Thought this might be a fun thread.
Now that you have a fancy new phone and you are so careful with it; tell us if you dropped your phone. Report any damage that may have occurred to your phone or to you emotionally ;)

I just dropped mine today. I bought it on release day. Thankfully I got a case protector yesterday. I was about to sit on my office chair when it slipped out of my hand. First thought was "I just bought the damn thing !" Thankfully no damage so everything is fine.
Hey... I should check whether the fall shook it up enough to have fixed the mixed network mode bug ;)

tdeanhoward

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Dropped mine on day two. Little scuff on the lower right corner. Made me upset but was late to work so I didn't dwell on it too long. Stays in a case 24/7 from now on.

APeX3181

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not used to how wide this phone is compared with my last one. Almost dropped it a few times...slippery little sucker!

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
So far, no drops. I got the flexible silicone back cover to keep lint outta the edges of the gorilla glass which should kinda protect corners and the back.

And, like every new car I ever bought, I deliberately put a tiny little scratch in an out of sight place, so the first ding is behind me!

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
no drops just yet. i wound up getting insurance on the phone on day 2...first time i've had insurance on a phone in a really long time. actually i can't even remember the last time i had it; it was probably for a "feature" phone.

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Will likely never happen. if it does it will normally be encased in some bubble wrap like protection. I'm super careful with my stuff.

mngdew

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting for an Otterbox Commuter case to be delivered. Meanwhile, the VZW glossy silicone case is protecting my Bionic.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I haven't even accidentally dropped my current phone that much...I don't expect to be dropping this one any more than I have this one. It wasn't until recently I didn't care about my Chocolate so I kind of hucked it across the room...picked it up...not a scratch. This thing is a damn brick. Can't wait until Costco gets a shipment in so I can go pick one up.

Simonbarsinistr

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I throw my dx around, with no harm to it. Just tossing it on the couch, or onto the passenger seat, onto a table or floor sometimes. I imagine the bionic is similarly rugged.

Sent from my Xoom

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
The guy at Verizon tried to sell my a case and a screen protector.

I pulled out my OG Droid that I've had for 2 years and showed it to him, which looks new, and asked why I needed a case.

Then I took my keys out and tried to scratch the screen.

He shut up after that.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
The guy at Verizon tried to sell my a case and a screen protector.

I pulled out my OG Droid that I've had for 2 years and showed it to him, which looks new, and asked why I needed a case.

Then I took my keys out and tried to scratch the screen.

He shut up after that.

They tried to sell me a case too. Had to pull out the OG and show him the one tiny scratch in the corner. I told him I trust moto's build quality and he stopped bothering me about it

DroidST

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I dropped mine last weekend, from my waist to concrete (we are converting our home's room from Cedar Shake).. luckily it fell on it's back, a little to one side.. 2 small scuffs on two edges on the bottom..

Motorola build standing strong so far

VBGlacier

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I dropped mine on the kitchen floor this morning, but I've already got it in an Incipio Feather case, and it was also still in my Tune Belt armband. Made a healthy THUD, but no noticeable damage.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Dropped mine day 2 from my pocket to the garage (cement) floor getting out of my car. I was NOT thrilled, but only a small scuff mark on the back thankfully. Now that I'm on extended battery that phone back just sits somewhere else anyway.

h2opoloplyr_11

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I dropped mine 2 days ago.....with the extended battery. 2ft drop. No noticeable dings/scratches/scuff marks. But it did kill my battery and wouldn't turn on my phone. Replaced the battery.....and she's as good as new.

So just keep mind that the phone is built solid.....but the battery is a different story. Lol!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie