12-22-2013 06:40 AM
60 123
tools
    I have this issue basically EVERYDAY, when I leave the house. It's as if - once there isn't my wi-fi, the phone takes FOREVER to drop back to 3G. There's not 4G in my area, so that could also be the issue. Is there a fix, yet?
    01-15-2012 02:13 PM
    After a month of losing data connection almost every day and getting it back only by power cycling I have VZW sending me a new phone with almost no hope it will work but please let me know if anyone here has had success. I will do likewise.
    01-19-2012 08:39 PM
    I have this issue a lot. Only fix is change phonez
    01-19-2012 09:08 PM
    Like a lot of you, I had been suffering with dropouts on 4g, 3g, and wifi to the point that the phone was almost unusable for anything but calls, and text. I was about to return the phone for a replacement when I decided to go into the battery management settings. In my case, the battery mode was defaulted to nighttime saver. I changed the mode to performance, and then bought an extended battery. This has been almost 3 weeks ago, and since doing this, I haven't had a single data drop. I think there is a flaw in the battery management logic for nighttime saver that makes the phone think that it's always nightime even during the day, and it periodically drops all of the data connections. I apologize if this has already been covered, but if it helps someone, it's all good.
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.
    01-20-2012 04:20 AM
    This other thread was very helpful to me.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/dro...ml#post1559658

I had 2 bionic replacements without luck Then I saw the above thread, installed the Open Signal Maps, and haven't had any real problems since. It may be blind luck, but it's worth a try.
    01-20-2012 12:12 PM
    I had this problem ever since the LTE outage in December, my phone would lose 4g and not pick anything up, even if I toggled airplane mode. Changing to the CDMA only network option would sometimes let me pick up 3g, but sometimes not, generally only a reboot would correct the problem temporarily. I finally got frustrated and called Verizon support, and the engineer had me remove my sim card, and then he said he updated my information on their network, and replace the sim card. Ever since then my phone has been much better, I have not had to power cycle my phone one time so far. I still lose 4g every so often, but it always picks it back up immediately, and it happens very rarely. I was very skeptical when they gave me that explanation, about updating my roaming profile on the switches, but I have to say I am very pleased with my phone again.
    01-25-2012 10:39 AM
    I live a half hour west of Detroit and my 4g will go from blue to white and then drop altogether without even going to 3g. I recently went to Pittsburgh and didn't have this happen ONCE....even driving through the baron wasteland know as Ohio. But when I got home, the problem starts right back up.
    Called Verizon and was on with them for almost 2 hours going through different things before the girl reset something on her end for my ohone and fried my sim card. Airplane mode, rebooting, swapping sim cards, none of it works. In fact, I'm amazed it hasn't cut out as I'm writing this.
    Verizon doesn't even acknowledge that there is a problem with this, but there are some pretty extensive notes from when I called and went off when she fried my sim card.
    Hopefully ICA drops soon and helps solve this issue, but until then I just believe that Verizon's 4g absolutely sucks.
    07-10-2012 07:45 AM
    I live a half hour west of Detroit and my 4g will go from blue to white and then drop altogether without even going to 3g. I recently went to Pittsburgh and didn't have this happen ONCE....even driving through the baron wasteland know as Ohio. But when I got home, the problem starts right back up.
    Called Verizon and was on with them for almost 2 hours going through different things before the girl reset something on her end for my ohone and fried my sim card. Airplane mode, rebooting, swapping sim cards, none of it works. In fact, I'm amazed it hasn't cut out as I'm writing this.
    Verizon doesn't even acknowledge that there is a problem with this, but there are some pretty extensive notes from when I called and went off when she fried my sim card.
    Hopefully ICA drops soon and helps solve this issue, but until then I just believe that Verizon's 4g absolutely sucks.
    I have this problem sometimes at work. It doesn't seem to happen at home. I suspect a lot of the data dropout problems are in Verizon's network and are possibly related to hand off in the hybrid cdma/lte network.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    07-10-2012 10:12 AM
    Bionic two years old. Current os. Verizon JUST upgrade d towers to 4g. Problem began at same time. getting worse. Do i get an iphone? Do i tell Verizon? Is it bionic? Is it Android os?
    12-22-2013 05:58 AM
    Rural community. Problems began when Verizon added 4g. No problem in city where 4g is strong. No problem if only 3g. Drops data every fifteen second s.OS up to date. Fix available????
    12-22-2013 06:40 AM
60 123