Voice Search doesn't use contacts list

ColdBrew

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
When I say "call" whoever instead of using my contacts lists (synced from my exchange server) it search Google for the name and calls the closest thing it can find.

How do I fix this? I've tried all the recommended things on the internet I could find and nothing changes the way it acts.

The only thing I haven't tried is to sync contacts from gmail, but I don't use those contacts. My up to date contact list is on the exchange server.

koreyKr

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem at first. then I deleted the search bar widget that was on the home screen when I got the phone and then re-added the widget. it gives you the option of what to search. I selected All and now it works again when I press the microphone on the search bar. I think the default is maybe not set to All out of the box. I hopes this helps, it works just like my OG droid now

ColdBrew

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip, but added the google search bar that searches all and it behaves the same way. Searches google for the contact and calls it. This is so annoying. My very old Touch Pro 2 with windows mobile 6.1 worked perfectly.

At this point I'm thinking I'll have to try a 3rd party app.

koreyKr

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
what about when you add the widget, instead of selecting ALL for what it should search, you just select the 4th option which is Contact List