Gmail app won't send emails

Cory S

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Gmail for some reason won't send an email, after composing the message, and hitting send, the send button greys out and the email never leaves the drafts folder.

Anyone else experience this?

henderjr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So did you ever find a fix? I have the same issue. Have had it on a couple different ROMS. I have an EVO. Found this thread via a google search.

eman916

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I am having this same issue with my Droid Bionic (rooted). I've tried all of the above, but can't uninstall it because it don't give me that option. I've done a factory reset that brought it back for a day then it happened again. My wife has the same exact phone and rooted and she has no issues. HELP! :'(

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Go into Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications, and clear the Data and Cache for the Gmail app. Gmail will take a few minutes to resync with the server, but once it's done, it should work again.

Another way to do it is fixing permissions. But the first method is easier and more accessible to everyone.

Either method fixes it for me 100% of the time.

Sent from my iPod touch

Last edited:

eman916

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Go into Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications, and clear the Data and Cache for the Gmail app. Gmail will take a few minutes to resync with the server, but once it's done, it should work again.

Another way to do it is fixing permissions. But the first method is easier and more accessible to everyone.

Either method fixes it for me 100% of the time.

Sent from my iPod touch

This was the first thing I tried.

How do I try the permissions fix?

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
This was the first thing I tried.

How do I try the permissions fix?

I use the ROM Manager app. It has a Fix Permissions feature you can run. I think you need root to run it though (I'm rooted). There are a few other apps that do it, and you can also do it from the command line (using Terminal Emulator). Again, pretty sure you need root to fix permissions.

Sent via VM670

Last edited:

eman916

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I use the ROM Manager app. It has a Fix Permissions feature you can run. I think you need root to run it though (I'm rooted). There are a few other apps that do it, and you can also do it from the command line (using Terminal Emulator). Again, pretty sure you need root to fix permissions.

Sent via VM670

I am rooted. I'll try the ROM manager app. Do you know the command to enter in the command line?

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I am rooted. I'll try the ROM manager app. Do you know the command to enter in the command line?

I'm pretty sure it's just

su

Then...

fix_permissions

To do this though, your ROM must include fix_permissions in order to run it obviously. And I can't say whether or not you have it. But I'd imagine if you don't you'll find out just by trying the command.

Sent from my iPod touch

Last edited:

henderjr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I cleared cache and fixed permissions. Still no go. Also went into RA Recovery and ran fix apk uid mismatches as well though I have no clue what that does.

Frustrating! I might just have to use some other mail app till someone finds a solution or there's an app update with the problem fixed..

Cory S

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I've tried everything including fix permissions and titanium backup uninstall, and market reinstall.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Cory S

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
This must be a rather isolated problem, or the internet would be buzzing about it. Which means, a quick fix is unlikely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech