Possible issues after leaving Wi-fi

tdosthp

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
So as to not detract from the Signal Loss thread, I am having an issue with my Bionic, possibly concerning wifi.

When I take my phone off the charger in the morning I normally check emails, etc. Then about an hour later when I leave home and go to use my phone, it is off and will not respond to pressing the power button. I have to pull the battery.

I have read about this being an issue with the Droid X2 (which I didn't experience), but have seen nothing about the Bionic.

Anyone else having a similar issue or has found a fix?

Thanks,

E

LR7

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I have had an issue when I leave my WiFi connection at home that the phone is unable to connect to the mobile network (Verizon 4G). I have to reboot the phone to get a network connection:(...

jordo

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I have had an issue when I leave my WiFi connection at home that the phone is unable to connect to the mobile network (Verizon 4G). I have to reboot the phone to get a network connection:(...

I had this happen to me when I went to lunch today. I have 0 signal at my desk so I'm on wifi most of the day and when I went to lunch I was going to check-in on foursquare and my data connection would not come on. I tried toggling wifi and airplane mode with no luck, rebooted the phone and it started working. I've had my Bionic since Monday and this is the first I've seen of this issue.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Guys, check to make sure you do not have DATA SAVER checked. This seemed to be the cause for me to lose 3g/4g data every once in awhile but would come back in about 10-15 seconds. I haven't had the problem since I unchecked this. Motorola is aware of a problem with the lost data and I was told there would be a fix coming in November.

How to get to Data Saver:
1)Settings
2)Battery & data Mgmt.
3)Data Saver

anon(41665)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Guys, check to make sure you do not have DATA SAVER checked. This seemed to be the cause for me to lose 3g/4g data every once in awhile but would come back in about 10-15 seconds. I haven't had the problem since I unchecked this. Motorola is aware of a problem with the lost data and I was told there would be a fix coming in November.

1)Settings
2)Battery & data Mgmt.
3)Data Saver

I had a similar issue with losing 3G. Toggling Airplane worked for me. I did not have Data Saver running. I was told the same thing by a rep - a fix was coming in November.

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I've had similar issues on occasion but I've always assumed that it had the same cause as connectivity issues any other time.

The other wifi related one I've noticed is it's sometimes slow scan the networks and to connect to my home wifi. I did find a trick though. If i load up wifi-analyzer, it connects quickly.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

1)Settings
2)Battery & data Mgmt.
3)Data Saver

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
well after several days of not losing my data connection after unchecking the data saver it started up again. I am losing it frequently today and when I do it goes from 4g to 1x. I guess I will have to wait for the update to get this fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21