hi,

does anyone know with this extended battery..if A) there is a gel case that fits the phone and b) if I have to let it die all the way a few times before seeing its full capacity?
    09-16-2011 10:49 AM
    I'd like to know the same about it's capacity. I tested it for the first time yesterday. I had let it completely drain when I got it and recharged it to full. I kept it on 4G only and had moderate use out of it. Streamed a couple hours of music, took some pictures, couple of phone calls, internet usage and texts off and on throughout the day.

Lasted 12 hrs. I was kind of disappointed but from what a Verizon rep told me, you're lucky if you get 8 hrs of battery when you're pulling down a 4G connection and that is with very light use.

Doing another test today with WiFi on in addition to 4G. Let the phone completely die last night and recharged to 100% overnight. So far with about the same usage (been streaming music for about an hour or so) I'm at 90% after 2hr45min.
    09-16-2011 11:05 AM
    I can answer A: not yet. There aren't too many options for cases for the extended battery. The clamshell holster combo verizon sells is the only one i know about and that's a hard plastic case.
    09-16-2011 11:08 AM
    I did not let mine completely die because when I got the thing it was only at a 15% charge. I have been running it since 7 am this morning with lots of texting and some surfing/downloading and sit at 70% right now. So 5 hours in.
    09-16-2011 12:06 PM
    I got mine on Wednesday and ran it down until the phone shut down. I charged it overnight Wed night and then used it all day yesterday. With light use (20m of angry birds, 20 texts, 20 min of calls, and web surfing) and 4G active the entire day I went to bed last night 16 hours in and had about 20% left. I let it sit on the nightstand overnight and when I woke up this morning it was down to 16% (the nighttime battery profile is active on my phone). I ran it down this morning streaming with tune in and when it was about to die I checked and I was at 27 hours before it died.
    09-16-2011 12:29 PM
    Juice Defender should give you alot more also with the extended battery, it turns off Wifi and 3/4g connections when the screen is off/locked but allows notifications to come through on a schedule.
    09-16-2011 12:35 PM
    Juice Defender should give you alot more also with the extended battery, it turns off Wifi and 3/4g connections when the screen is off/locked but allows notifications to come through on a schedule.
    +1 for juice defender
    seems to be very effective on the bionic. I might even return my extended battery it has been working so well
    I noticed that it really helped with WiFi on the battery drain.
    09-16-2011 01:05 PM
    I have both batteries on my Bionic. I unplug the phone at 6:30am and by 10:00pm the regular battery is around 15%. Yesterday I used the extended battery for the first time and had 50% after 15 hours.

I typically make about 10 calls a day, play Angry Birds for an hour, read e-mail all day long (I get about 100 messages a day), and read stuff on the internet browser several times a day. My 4G signal goes in and out all day (3G downstairs/4G signal on the second floor), so my data is a combination of WiFi and LTE.

This is a very unscientific study, but the battery life is good enough for me. Furthermore, the above results were acheived without plugging in the phone all day, and since I have a mini USB at my desk, and one in my car, I will probably be charging the phone mid-day on a normal basis.

I think I will mostly use the standard battery since it is lighter and thinner and it's good enough for me. But it's nice to have the extended battery for trips - especially since I got it for $29.
    09-16-2011 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD