Stuck with the Bionic

xcalibur1011

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
So I bought the Bionic because I couldn't wait any longer. I like the the Phone great battery life, quick, good build. lackluster design but I fixed that with a custom skin. The reason I say I'm stuck with the phone is because I bought the thunderbolt earlier this year and returned it, so when I bought the Bionic the sales rep said I can't return it because of the thunderbolt return back in March (even though in the back of my mind I call it BullS.....!!!).

I have a question for the Forum Community and would like some ideas/input.

If and "when" the prime is released and I decided I wanted that more than the Bionic, what would be a good way to sell my bionic? eBay,Craigslist, Verizon's trade-in program. I could use my mother's upgrade that she had since 2007. But knowing her she might just change her mind right when I decide to do that.

zachtannehill

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a ton of luck using Craigslist. Keep it in perfect condition and sell it along with the box and all the stuff that came with it. You should be able to get a lot for it!

anon(167668)

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I would vote Craigslist as well. Keep the box and and phone in good condition and you should be able to find someone locally to sell it. People are willing to spend more money if they can actually see it before they purchase it too.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I've sold my phones through ebay with good luck. You'll probably lose a couple hundred bucks in the transaction as you'll be buying whatever is the latest and greatest at full price. If the money is no big deal, more power to you. If you're 12 and this is going to break the piggy bank, you need to learn to love the one your with and stop jonesing for the greener pasture.

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
So I bought the Bionic because I couldn't wait any longer. I like the the Phone great battery life, quick, good build. lackluster design but I fixed that with a custom skin. The reason I say I'm stuck with the phone is because I bought the thunderbolt earlier this year and returned it, so when I bought the Bionic the sales rep said I can't return it because of the thunderbolt return back in March (even though in the back of my mind I call it BullS.....!!!).

I have a question for the Forum Community and would like some ideas/input.

If and "when" the prime is released and I decided I wanted that more than the Bionic, what would be a good way to sell my bionic? eBay,Craigslist, Verizon's trade-in program. I could use my mother's upgrade that she had since 2007. But knowing her she might just change her mind right when I decide to do that.

Sounds like some sales rep has found a semi-reliable way to keep ?le commission? (that's French for those who are confused). Sounds extremely phony to me. I'd speak to this rep's manager if it were me.

gerelee54

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like some sales rep has found a semi-reliable way to keep ?le commission? (that's French for those who are confused). Sounds extremely phony to me. I'd speak to this rep's manager if it were me.

that IS BS ... you can return it .. i've returned several phones over the course of a year ... i've also kept several ... heck, that's why they charge that $35 'restocking' fee!!!

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
you can return as many as you wont to as long as you dont go past 14 days . i have returned plenty of phones in the course of a year . thats why its called the 14 day worry free guaranty . you just gotta pay the 35 bucks . i hate whenever a sales person tries to mislead someone like that .

lament

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Craigslist first since it's free. Meet in a public place.

The phone lists for $699 retail and they're going for about $550 on eBay. I say list it at $550 on Craigslist and if you don't get any takers head to eBay.

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Always surprised more people don't know about this site. USE SWAPPA. Swappa.com. It's an Android only Craigslist style website. Free to make listings. Less risky than craigslist. Use it. Tell your friends about it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

lament

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Always surprised more people don't know about this site. USE SWAPPA. Swappa.com. It's an Android only Craigslist style website. Free to make listings. Less risky than craigslist. Use it. Tell your friends about it.

I know about it, but there's no fees with Craigslist and the sale is immediate. And honestly I think there are more people on CL or eBay willing to spend more than those on Swappa. I've seen things go for more than retail price on eBay.

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Well your best bet is to make the same listing in a few places. Craigslist, I say local, cash only. No exceptions.

xcalibur1011

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Craigslist sounds like my best bet in the event that I decide to sell it, and I do keep my phones in good condition and the boxes. thanks for the feedback.

one more question.... PRICE POINT!

Last edited:

lament

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Craigslist sounds like my best bet in the event that I decide to sell it, and I do keep my phones in good condition and the boxes. thanks for the feedback.

one more question.... PRICE POINT!

eBay dictates demand. It's going for about $550 if you look at completed auctions. So put it at $550 and people will try to nickel and dime you anyway on CL.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae