Random reboot/restarts?

wannasurf

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I've had my bionic for two days now, and I've had allot of issues with random reboots. It seems to happen mostly when I start to really use it heavily. (allot of apps open or app switching). It's been happening about 6-10 times a day.

I called verizon, and they said it was probly my extra battery was faulty, and are sending me a new one. However, with further testing it seems to happen with both batteries.

Anyone else been having similar problems?

Last edited:

wannasurf

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Also, some of my downloaded apps seem to be disappearing after my phone restarts. I hope this is just my handset so that verizon can replace it. :-\

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Move the disappearing apps off the sd card and onto phone storage. Not the best solution, but will save you the trouble until they fix that issue.

Reactions: wannasurf

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have only had 1 or 2 times where I had a random reboot, one time I can explain the fact that I had a lot of apps open and I turned Bluetooth on and WiFi off simultaneously so I can see how that would cause a problem, other time the phone was just idling and it did it...

If your phone is rebooting 5-6 times a day, I would do as much as you can to put it back to what it came like out of the box and if it is still doing it, go to VZW and get it replaced.

Reactions: wannasurf

Pierpoint

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I only had one random restart, and afterwards my reception at my office doubled, my conneciton speeds went from 5mbps to 25 mbps and my texts and emails started coming and going quicker.

Makes me wonder what was wrong before the random restart, but it's flying now.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
I've had my bionic for two days now, and I've had allot of issues with random reboots. It seems to happen mostly when I start to really use it heavily. (allot of apps open or app switching). It's been happening about 6-10 times a day.

I called verizon, and they said it was probly my extra battery was faulty, and are sending me a new one. However, with further testing it seems to happen with both batteries.

Mine actually rebooted twice the other day. 1 time while all I had running was tapatalk reading this forum and the other time I can't remember.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

wannasurf

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
If your phone is rebooting 5-6 times a day, I would do as much as you can to put it back to what it came like out of the box and if it is still doing it, go to VZW and get it replaced.

I think i'll bring it in to verizon, but i'm not gunna change it. I really haven't done anything wacky to my phone like root it. I've installed about 20 apps and customized some widgets. It should be working just fine with this amount of tweaking.

Also, I'm pretty sure that my apps have all downloaded to the 3gb that is partitioned for app storage on the bionic.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Mine has rebooted 3 times over the past week. A friend of mine has a Thunderbolt that has rebooted several times over the past week.
Wonder if it's an app that's causing the issue? It would be hard to pinpoint the app if so.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

LMTCO

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site

I just got an epic 4g touch yesterday and after setting it up and downloading all the aps I wanted, I started having the random reboot issue. After some research I figured out the rebooting is due to memory loss because one of the apps I downloaded was buggy and not working right. To fix the Issue you need to go back and uninstall the apps you installed, starting with the last one installed. After uninstalling the last app installs, use the phone a bit and see if the rebooting stops; if it doesn't then uninstall the next newest ap you installed, and test again. Keep doing this until you figure out the ap causing the problem. Once the bad app is removed the rebooting will stop.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone still having random reboots?
I had another one today. I wasn't even using it. I just happened to look up and saw the screen rebooting.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I am. same as you. Just random restarts even if i am not using it.

Mine did this during my exam(in my pocket..on vibrate) it restarted by itself and made the start up noises and everyone stared at me and I almost got a 0 on it. Weird thing is, it was on vibrate when it fully came on so Idk what's going on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1