screen not sensing my finger correctly while charging

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
screwed as in always having this issue?

You're not screwed. It is a grounding issue. It could be due to your house's electrical lines, the plug you're using, the cable, the charging jack, any number of things.

What I'm saying is that you could swap it out and still have the problem. Or you could just live with it and unplug your device when you use it.

Also, when this happens, is the phone in a case? Is it on a flat surface or are you holding it?

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking my problem might have something to do with my USB extension for charging. Is it bad for me to just leave it the way it is and just take it off the charger when I'm using it (or living with not typing while it's charging)?

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
This happened with my Bionic when I tried to charge it with the HTC Thunderbolt charger. I thought something was wrong with the phone but for some reason I thought maybe it was the charger and sure enough the stock Motorola charger worked just fine.

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
This is happening to me with the motorola charger with the USB cable connection. it does not happen with the regular motorola a/c charger or the old charger from my blackberry!

willlayb

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking my problem might have something to do with my USB extension for charging. Is it bad for me to just leave it the way it is and just take it off the charger when I'm using it (or living with not typing while it's charging)?

i didnt use my extender last night and i noticed it slightly compared to terribly like before. like the swype follow trail was still kinda jumpy but it did type fine, also scrolling on webages jumped a little bit still. but looks like no extender for me :'(

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
i didnt use my extender last night and i noticed it slightly compared to terribly like before. like the swype follow trail was still kinda jumpy but it did type fine, also scrolling on webages jumped a little bit still. but looks like no extender for me :'(

You didn't say you were using an extender. There's the cause of your problems.

Motorola says to use the original charger and cable for a reason folks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
You didn't say you were using an extender. There's the cause of your problems.

Motorola says to use the original charger and cable for a reason folks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm still having the problems with mine, and I use an extender normally. Maybe there's just a problem with my power strip it's plugged into...it's a little old so I wouldn't doubt it. Not a huge deal...I take it off the charger to type something, that isn't going to kill me. And I'll probably just buy a longer charger later anyways, and carry this one instead of my old LG charger (which surprisingly enough, I don't have the same problem with)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers