battery tips for the bionic

gbreeze

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Everyone list some good battery tips herefor the bionic to improve performance. I will start with one. I stopped maps from running in the background and it has seemed to help out......

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Return it.

Sorry but I had to post that. I gave up because I was at the end of my 14 days. I hope you all can find the magic bullet or the battery life Holy grail.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm rooted and froze the recommended apps (mostly Verizon bloat) in the rooting thread. I unplug at 7AM and around midnight I have 30% to 50% left using the extended battery. That's more than good enough for me.

mbentley3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Get an app. like Juice Defender. It has supposedly increased my battery life by x1.40.

Go into Task Manager and setup your auto-end list. I have things like Maps, slacker, social location, vz navigator, google+, facebook on my list. 2 minutes after your screen goes off those apps will be killed.

Turn your brightness down as low as possible while still being able to comfortably see the screen.

Avoid using Active Wallpapers.

Turn off 4G when not using it. Go into Wireless & Network Settings > Mobile Network > Network Mode and select CDMA only.

Last edited:

juergen99

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I noticed that Bluetooth used a large portion of my battery (based on 'usage statistics' in settings). I only use Bluetooth to stream to my car stereo so I use the app 'Settings Profile' to turn on Bluetooth automatically when the phone is in the car dock and it turns off when I remove it. Love that app.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
My OG droid came with a power widget so you can easily turn bluetooth and GPS off/on. I have the widget on my second screen to the left. Does this thing come with a power widget?

Facebook - if you never go into Facebook on the phone will this app just start every time and begin this social location crap?

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
My OG droid came with a power widget so you can easily turn bluetooth and GPS off/on. I have the widget on my second screen to the left. Does this thing come with a power widget?

Facebook - if you never go into Facebook on the phone will this app just start every time and begin this social location crap?

Power Control--my most used widget as it is the only one to turn off the GPS from the widget that I have found. It should be in your widget list.

Reactions: pdecell

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Return it.

Sorry but I had to post that. I gave up because I was at the end of my 14 days. I hope you all can find the magic bullet or the battery life Holy grail.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Excellent tip, that should make my battery last for a while!

Really? The person asks for tips and your helpful one is to return it?

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am rooted and removed pretty much all bloat (froze and moved to SD card) and I can finish my day from start to finish with some battery life remaining. Plug my phone in over night and start over the next day. Key is to keep off connections that aren't used (WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS). Yea I can drain my battery pretty damn quick if I play with it straight for an hour but generally I can get a full day. Longest time I have had was about 28.5 hours.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

"Return it" is a simple answer. Just like "Google it." Best thing to do is get an extended battery when they're available

tjefferson3

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Get an app. like Juice Defender. It has supposedly increased my battery life by x1.40.

Go into Task Manager and setup your auto-end list. I have things like Maps, slacker, social location, vz navigator, google+, facebook on my list. 2 minutes after your screen goes off those apps will be killed.

Turn your brightness down as low as possible while still being able to comfortably see the screen.

Avoid using Active Wallpapers.

Turn off 4G when not using it. Go into Wireless & Network Settings > Mobile Network > Network Mode and select CDMA only.

So when you set up apps in the auto-end list, such as facebook, will push notifications come through?

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Honestly its not that bad advice to return it. If someone can't stand the battery life then why keep it and waste an upgrade especially for a $300 upgrade phone. Personally I believe that if you buy an Android phone and expect good battery life, doesn't matter what model, you are naive. Don't believe what manufacturers will tell you or Verizon themselves about battery life. Everyone will experience different battery life depending on use.

That is why Verizon has a 14 day period you can return. Out of every Android phone I have had the battery life has been from pitiful to okay only. If you don't want to add bulk with an extended battery then you need to live with the fact, at least for now, that battery life will not the star feature of this phone or any Droid phone in general.

I don't want to come off as a dick but every reviewer views battery life as a negative, its just the degree as to how bad. What phone are they comparing it to? Of course the iPhone which I can personally attest to has great battery life for a smartphone. However that comes with a trade off, you don't get the power and capabilities of the Android OS.

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Keep GPS off when not in use.

Which gps do u recommend turning off? I have all 3 turned on. If i were to turn off the gps what would be affected? Like if i were to post to facebook would it still share my location, if i were to take a pic would the location of the pic be recoreded?

gbreeze

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Honestly its not that bad advice to return it. If someone can't stand the battery life then why keep it and waste an upgrade especially for a $300 upgrade phone. Personally I believe that if you buy an Android phone and expect good battery life, doesn't matter what model, you are naive. Don't believe what manufacturers will tell you or Verizon themselves about battery life. Everyone will experience different battery life depending on use.

That is why Verizon has a 14 day period you can return. Out of every Android phone I have had the battery life has been from pitiful to okay only. If you don't want to add bulk with an extended battery then you need to live with the fact, at least for now, that battery life will not the star feature of this phone or any Droid phone in general.

I don't want to come off as a dick but every reviewer views battery life as a negative, its just the degree as to how bad. What phone are they comparing it to? Of course the iPhone which I can personally attest to has great battery life for a smartphone. However that comes with a trade off, you don't get the power and capabilities of the Android OS.

I hear what i are saying but this is not an instnce like that. Im cool with my battery life especially since its 4g. Im asking everyone hear to sjare the tips or tricks to conserve life to see if i missed something or for anyone else. Saying return it is just the usual immature response you will get from time to time on these forums. If peole would read the post they would know im just simply asking people to participate in some tips as i did.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781