Is Hotmail Push possible on Bionic?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Question is straightforward I believe. One thing (about the only thing, lol) that I miss from my blackberry was that emails from hotmail would get pushed as opposed to waiting for the phone to sync on intervals. As I would read them on the blackberry they would even get marked as read in my hotmail. All very convenient. Does such an option exist for Android and if so how do you go about setting it up?

Tried researching it on my own but all I could find were some vague posts saying that ActiveSync needs to be set up and it can be accomplished, but I could not find any real descriptions of how to do this or confirmation that it even works. Thanks for the assist!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok very nice... I set this up and I guess that accomplishes more or less what I'd like. After doing so, I assume I can go ahead and remove the hotmail account from my phone as now everything that gets sent there will show up in the gmail account I set for it, correct?

Thanks muchly for the link!

Geezer Squid

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Ok very nice... I set this up and I guess that accomplishes more or less what I'd like. After doing so, I assume I can go ahead and remove the hotmail account from my phone as now everything that gets sent there will show up in the gmail account I set for it, correct?

Thanks muchly for the link!

Correct. I've been doing this my pop3 accounts for over a year now and I also found that it saves the battery too.

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Wow. This is an awesome solution for me. I always wanted to get away from hotmail and you gmail for my personal email. I have way too many things tied to my hotmail to just dump it. This is perfect.