Does your Bionic Turn on by Itself?

How many times a week does your ghost turn on your Bionic?

• Total voters

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
There's an option in settings > Display > In-pocket detection

This makes the Bionic lock automatically when inserted into a pocket (or something similar) so it doesn't self-dial, etc. Once I checked that box, the random turn-ons ceased. Not sure this is the answer, but it worked for me.

charlie310

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Update: It happened again twice. So make that 5 times in 5 weeks. This last time, there was a really long delay. I turned it off, brushed my teeth, checked email, was about to sleep when I heard the machine. Maybe it's like SkyNet, and has become self-aware. I'm going to have to sleep with one eye open.

There's an option in settings > Display > In-pocket detection

This makes the Bionic lock automatically when inserted into a pocket (or something similar) so it doesn't self-dial, etc. Once I checked that box, the random turn-ons ceased. Not sure this is the answer, but it worked for me.

Makes sense that it would be a bug related to this feature. I will test it out. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

hikerguy

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I both bought the Bionic about a month ago and have both experienced our phones turning themself on. We are both certain we selected the"Power off" option multiple times. This has to be a software glitch. Add us to the list :(

milesmcever

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I wish they would fix this while I don't turn my phone off often when I do I want it turned off. Last night after turning off my phone since I was not staying at home and did not have a charger handy with 70% battery. I awake to a dead phone that had turned itself back on and have gone all day without a phone since it had to sit on a charger for hours after it goes completely dead. I miss my thunderbolt batter life charge it on Friday leave work and not plug it back up till Monday morning when I return to work. I would be happy if I could just get one day out of my bionic battery, but I am kinda thinking ive got a dud oh well it happens.

deadudea

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
While sitting here at the computer I just physically watched my Bionic in front of me turn itself on. That's kind of scary actually if you ask me. If it's "off" there should be no way for it to turn "on." ...Right?

sealevels

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't turn my phone off unless I have to soft reset. If I don't want to be bothered, it gets turned to vibrate and I move it to a faraway table.

In 5 days, it hasn't "ghosted" me. Here's to hoping it never will!

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth, I just remembered that on my Droid X, if a particular case or even a holster were too tight and pressed on the edges of the screen, the X would sponstaneously turn on. Maybe there's something to this?? Good a guess as any.

deadudea

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm only using a silicon case so I don't think it's pressing on it too hard. Had to pull the battery mid-startup because it turned itself on while I was in class. Didn't want it to play those obnoxious start up beeps..

mjwalsh

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Mine switched on a couple of days ago by itself in the middle of an important seminar. Felt the familiar buzz in the pocket, had to dive in and pull battery...looked like a crazy person...:-[

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781