SD card needs to be scanned and repaired?

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Every time I plug my Bionic into my computer with the USB cable, I get an error saying the SD card needs to be scanned and repaired. I tell it to do the scan but un-check the repair check box, since I don't know what it is going to do. When it is done, it says there are no errors to be repaired. This happens each and every time I plug it in.

Is this happening to everyone? Should I let it "repair" the SD card? How do I stop it?

Thanks.
Steve

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
This is not normal. once it's done, can you access any of the files on your computer? If so, copy them all off, and either try the repair option, and/or reformat the card in your phone and copy everything back. Sounds like you have a corrupt card. If that doesn't work you'll have to replace it.

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Once it is done everything is normal. I can see the files, copy files, etc. But I will try what you suggested.

Thanks.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Are you running Windows? If so what version? I run Windows 7 and every time I plug my Ipod into it I get the same message. I don't get this message when plugging in my OG Droid. I never let windows scan the ipod. I just skip the scan. For me I think it is a Windows issue.. because it might be seeing something it does not recognize.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Are you able to see the files/pictures that are stored on your SD when connected via USB? If so...copy/paste all contents of your SD card to your desktop. Then format the SD card. Copy/paste everything back to the SD card and see if that fixes the problem.

sent from planet xoom

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
OK. I copied everything over to my computer and went to format the card on my Bionic, but the option to format (under settings - storage), is grayed out and won't let me select it.

Any idea how to get to this option to format the SD card?

Thanks.
Steve