I think I found a bug - wallpaper

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So I was playing around with some different wallpapers today (not live wallpapers) and I think I have found a bug. I changed my wallpaper, selected through quickpic app. When I backed up to my home screen, the wallpaper on my home screens had changed to a black and red droid-like paper that I didn't select, and my LOCK screen now has the wallpaper I selected. I didn't even think this was possible without a separate app. No, I haven't power-cycled the phone yet... but it's really odd. And it doesn't happen all the time, I changed the wallpaper about 5 times and maybe every other time, this strangeness happened.

Thoughts?

oh - if someone can walk me thru taking screenshots (I'm not rooted), I will try to post pix.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
ok figured out how to use shootme. See attached. Lock screen is the wallpaper I selected. No clue where the other wallpaper came from.

Anyone seen this before? I'm actually kind of digging it, but would be curious how it happened.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Thats the stock wallpaper that comes preinstalled on the phone. I'm guessing when you changed wallpapers, the change didnt apply (happens sometimes) so by default the phone put back the stock wallpaper.

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I actually had this happen to me yesterday and have no idea what caused it. My phone had not rebooted or anything that I know of. I was using the red and black stock wallpaper that looks like tubes all over. Later in the day I go to unlock my phone and noticed it was changed to the original wallpaper. It had been changed several days ago.

dirtbiker0025

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
i posted about this problem a while back, its def a bug when it happens to me i just leave it alone for awhile or reboot and it pulls up my custom wallpaper again...also if your using an app make sure its not on the sd card.. goto manage apps and media center and if theres a green check mark by it click on it and click move to phone... theres a problem with the bionic and reading apps off the sd card. im pretty sure that helps but doesnt always fix the problem

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Why are you using an app to change your wallpaper? Download a wallpaper from anywhere - touch, hold the photo, check save. Or use your own photographs.

Then go to Camera Roll > choose the photo, press/hold > set as > Wallpaper > adjust the box for the part of the picture you want to use > save.