Doubting the bionic?

rpscott02

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Cosign all u guys. Love my bionic. I mighty have to go get that extended battery for $25 although this rivals my old dinc extended battery already

charlie310

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I don't like about the Bionic is the bugs, which should be fixed in the future. Everything else is pretty awesome (the phone could be a little thinner, but hey it's LTE).
It seems like everyone is buying the extended battery. Maybe it's just me, but I think it makes the phone way too big (it's big already!). My soluiton was buying a car charger and extra usb cable for $8 total, and I no longer have battery issues plus my phone is not gienormous.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Loving mine as well. As for the size of the ext batt...I actually find the Bionic better to hold with the additional thickness. Probably personal preference and hand size, but with the thinner phone I always felt I was holding it by just the edges. Now I have more of a full palm feel when holding it.

Either way, between the performance, full light screen visibility, easily all-day battery...I am more than satisfied

I know what you mean--I've always felt the iPod touch was made too thin--it's so thin it's annoying to hold it, even with a silicone sleeve. I wish Herr Jobs would have opted for a thicker touch with MUCH IMPROVED BATTERY LIFE!

jj1122

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Ive had my bionic for about a week now and could not be happier! Keep in mind that Im a newbe. I came from a non smart phone so Im still learning a lot about the android system, market place, apps, etc..... I did a lot of research and reading about the phone before I pulled the trigger and was concerned with some of the stuff I read. All I have to say is that I could not be happier with this phone. I love the screen, and my standard battery lasts me from 6:30 AM to 10:00 PM. Of course, Im not a power user, but I do make calls, check a lot of email, and send some txts throughout the day. I may upgrade to an extended battery, but this thing is a computer compared to my old phone. I never expected it to last a couple days compared to my old "phone" which is basically all it was. I couldnt be happer and I bought it at best buy for $229, got $100 for upgrading to a smart phone, and got my $50 new every 2 credit. That put me in a bionic for $79. How could it get any better than that!

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I don't like about the Bionic is the bugs, which should be fixed in the future. Everything else is pretty awesome (the phone could be a little thinner, but hey it's LTE).
It seems like everyone is buying the extended battery. Maybe it's just me, but I think it makes the phone way too big (it's big already!). My soluiton was buying a car charger and extra usb cable for $8 total, and I no longer have battery issues plus my phone is not gienormous.

I don't know how thin you are expecting a cell phone to be, but I (and my petite 5' 3" wife) have no issue with the Bionic when it's in it's shell (part of the holster/shell), which is large enough to be used with an extended battery. ie, if one has the shell, one may as well toss an extended battery into the phone, as the shell isn't going to "grow" thicker by doing so! :)

EDIT: this post was made at 7:30AM Pacific time--wonder why it's showing it was posted at 6:54. my settings are PST, detect daylight savings automatically.

Last edited:

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I I couldnt be happer and I bought it at best buy for $229, got $100 for upgrading to a smart phone, and got my $50 new every 2 credit. That put me in a bionic for $79. How could it get any better than that!

That's an excellent deal! I'm glad your'e happy with it.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Cosign all u guys. Love my bionic. I mighty have to go get that extended battery for $25 although this rivals my old dinc extended battery already

Go for the extended battery - I bought one on 9/8 along with my Bionic and I love it...it makes the phone look great, nice to hold, and it's practical. My Bionic has never seen its original battery! Now if they would just come out with cases!

les017

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site

Loving mine as well. As for the size of the ext batt...I actually find the Bionic better to hold with the additional thickness. Probably personal preference and hand size, but with the thinner phone I always felt I was holding it by just the edges. Now I have more of a full palm feel when holding it.

Either way, between the performance, full light screen visibility, easily all-day battery...I am more than satisfied

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how thin you are expecting a cell phone to be, but I (and my petite 5' 3" wife) have no issue with the Bionic when it's in it's shell (part of the holster/shell), which is large enough to be used with an extended battery. ie, if one has the shell, one may as well toss an extended battery into the phone, as the shell isn't going to "grow" thicker by doing so! :)

EDIT: this post was made at 7:30AM Pacific time--wonder why it's showing it was posted at 6:54. my settings are PST, detect daylight savings automatically.

Stop driving the DeLorean at 88 mph! I told you what could happen... Paradoxes!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

charlie310

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

I know that the Bionic is not much thicker than the other Droids out there. But, I came from having a Galaxy S, so yes. Cell phones can be thinner. GS2 is 8.5mm vs. Bionic is 13.3mm which makes the Bionic more than 50% thicker. Still prefer my Bionic (cuz the LTE), but just saying I wish it was a little thinner.

I agree, when talking on the phone, I prefer the have a thicker Bionic for easier grip. But, most of the time the Bionic is in my pocket. And it kinda feels like I'm carrying a flask of whiskey everywhere I go.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I wonder how thick the prime will be if it has lte. I imagine the thickness won't change much. There are a few necessary evils to be had for now with lte. In the end, it doesn't matter. There is going to be sacrifices when it comes to phone tech until they can either create better batteries or drastically reduce power use.

On a cool note, some researchers have found a way to 'recycle' wasted power from displays. Displays actually use quite a bit of power as we all know, and much of it is wasted. The research found that they can add something to the screen to harness the lost energy and convert it back to the battery. I will try to find the article later.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay