Former Charge owners?

Orcares

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
So Verizon has offered to replace my Droid Charge with a Bionic if I so choose. Have any other Charge users jumped ship to the Bionic? Are you happy? Thanks for the feedback!

ddemlong

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I got the bionic after the charge broke, I was rooted and Rom'd on the charge. I loved the screen and the battery life was good.

The Bionic is awesome, stupid fast (stock faster than rooted charge). Netlix actually streams with no audio issues. Generally much smoother and still gets 8-10 hours of battery life.

Not gonna lie the camera is only OK at best. However I believe this is a software issue. The screen isnt as sharp but it is a higher resolution. Remember its a RGBW display which intentionally allows more light through to be brighter, Blows the doors off the charge outside.

prizeferret

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I traded in my Charge for the Bionic at Costco. Don't regret it.

Charge had a nicer screen, but not visible in daylight. I also did not feel it was anywhere near as customizable as the Bionic is. I can't think of anything I haven't been able to tailor to my liking on the Bionic. It may take an app or a deeply hidden setting somewhere, but it all seems to be available, and I have not even rooted. Those options may have been there somewhere with the Charge, but they just seem to be more deeply thought out on the Bionic.

Yes, the camera is not that great, and the screen is not as impressive when you show it off to your friends indoors. But I'll take those negatives in exchange for a much more stable 4G connection, a GPS unit which actually works indoors, bluetooth which reliably reconnects with my car, speakers and vibration that I can actually detect from my pocket, a screen I can see in sunlight, tweaked battery life which outdoes the Charge, and the flexibility mentioned above.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I had the Charge and while the screen was amazing, the phone was too slow with the 512MB of ram. My home keep kept having to reload because it got kicked out of memory. It got annoying really fast.

The Bionic is a lot faster. Battery life is good too.

dhp106

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I had the Charge and while the screen was amazing, the phone was too slow with the 512MB of ram. My home keep kept having to reload because it got kicked out of memory. It got annoying really fast.

The Bionic is a lot faster. Battery life is good too.

This. Also went from charge to bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

NeoLogic

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I got the bionic after the charge broke, I was rooted and Rom'd on the charge. I loved the screen and the battery life was good.

The Bionic is awesome, stupid fast (stock faster than rooted charge). Netlix actually streams with no audio issues. Generally much smoother and still gets 8-10 hours of battery life.

Not gonna lie the camera is only OK at best. However I believe this is a software issue. The screen isnt as sharp but it is a higher resolution. Remember its a RGBW display which intentionally allows more light through to be brighter, Blows the doors off the charge outside.

+1

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

nashi#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
also Charge -> Bionic.

I had audio popping and clicking when talking with someone on the phone, the Bionic has no issues, just an occasional freeze when sleeping that I haven't figured out what is causing it yet. (read that 2 times and I got the phone on release day.)

isosunrise

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I went from the Charge to the Bionic... The only thing I miss from the Charge was the beautiful beautiful screen. The battery life, speed, build quality, and capactive buttons are so much better on the Bionic. I think my Charge was suffering from data 4G/3G issues so my battery barely lasted 6-8h. On the Bionic, I can go 24h with the standard battery and almost 2 days with the extended battery.

Ghetto_Cowgirl

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Got my Bionic last week...I regret NOTHING! Absolutely love it over the Charge, I don't even miss the Charge screen. Just everything about the Bionic seems better IMO, I haven't played with the camera a lot, but there's plenty of apps to use over the stock one so meh. I haven't even felt the need to root it yet, getting a good 14 hours or so on the battery, using apps and streaming and txt and calls, I would have to leave my Charge sitting there doing nothing at all to just get 10hours.

Orcares

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Stupid thing shows up today... Certified Like New replacement to my Charge, which is what I expected... For whatever reason, Verizon decided to 2-day ship the battery and battery cover to me instead of overnight shipping them to me like they did the phone...

It's like having your wife park a new car in the garage, and tell you the keys won't be here until tomorrow. >.<

Orcares

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Hell yeah! Was worth the wait!

VZW sent me an extended capacity battery and battery cover instead of the standard one. Doesn't add a ton of bulk to the phone and looks great!

Orcares

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
FOR OTHER CHARGE OWNERS CONSIDERING IT:

OH

MY

GOD

The Bionic definitely seems to be worth it. The screen isn't nearly as bad as I was expecting, and that was going to be a major inhibitor for me. Real glad I have a Bionic now, even though I've only had it a few hours... I can already tell it's going to be better.

dj_spore

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I had a Charge, was ready to pay full price for the bionic just to be able to get rid of the Charge, Verizon told me that I didn't qualify for an upgrade, I already knew this and was going to shell out the $600 for the bionic out-right. After convincing the sales person that I knew what I was doing, he came back to ring it up and said the computer was letting me have it for the upgrade price! I took it and ran! Not sure if this is true for all Charge owners, but i'm not arguing! :D

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15