Office apps - which to use?

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Lol... me too. All 3. Makes me wonder why they all 3 were free so close in succession.

Ewwww... start a rumor time... ics must come with a native app for office documents!

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
So I thought I'd write a quick little update on which office app I use. As I mentioned earlier, I have both Docs to Go Full and Quickoffice Pro installed on my Android (both were free at one point on the Amazon app store app of the day). I haven't used either of them a ton, but from my usage, I've found the Docs to Go spreadsheet app to be MUCH smoother than the Quickoffice spreadsheet app. I can scroll up and down a sheet with no problems on Docs to Go; scrolling up or down a sheet (especially one with tons of formulas and formatting) will be very laggy / jumpy on Quickoffice.

The one minor downside to Docs to Go is that the formatting is not always consistent. In my models, I like to "fill" all the cells with a white background (to get rid of the gridlines), but they are still visible in Docs to Go. On Quickoffice, the cells backgrounds are formatted correctly, although I did find 1 or 2 errors in formulas that were not apparent in Docs to Go.

EDIT - just realized i could not edit my spreadsheet in docs to go because a "feature was unsupported". Apparently, docs to go does not play nice with the Median formula. lame. This is obviously unacceptable, so now i've got a very pricey excel sheet viewer.

On the other hand, I finally got around to trying Office Suite. It's awesome! No formatting issues or editing issues. I'll be using this instead of the other 2 going forward

Last edited:

locoworks

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
newby here with a question about office apps. is there an excel viewer/editor in ANY office app for android that allows the use of the autofilter function available in MS office for windows on a PC. i have an ativ s and the auto filter doesn't work as it should, it shows every option for the column you are wanting to filter regardless of whether you have previous columns to eliminate some of the options like a PC MS office programme does. my brother has down loaded a few free apps to his S3 to try but only one had the filter option and icon above each column, but it wouldn't actually do anything, it was just ornamental!!. quick office pro was one i was wondering about but cant find anything online to veriffy 100%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34