Stolen Bionic

VonRBuzard

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Got my brand new Bionic last night anfd this morning it was stolen. Sitting down at a cafe having coffe some teen ripped it from my hands and bolted out the door.

I didn't know the Verizon Insurance covered stolen phones, just thought it was for broken/damaged. Now to replace it will cast the full reatil price. Plus I still have to pay for the stolen phone

Police report filed, Verizon notified. They tell me the phone is now useless to anyone who tries to use or reactivate it. I'm still changing the few passwords I had entered into it.

I had intended to come to this site to shop for accessories. God Damn It !

carzaddict

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
1) always put a lock screen on your phone....that way they cant even get into it
2) putting a tracking application is helpful (unless they shut off the phone)

Aioka

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
That sucks sorry for your loss people really suck these days. Yea thier insurance covers Lost/stolen/damaged phones. I badger the hell out of my friends and family that dont have insurace on thier phones. Devices these days cost WAY too much to replace when locked into a 2 yr contract and with how often advanced devices are stolen and broke these days you have to have it unless you have a large amount of disposable income.. in which case send some my way! :p

IRSmurf

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
You have my sympathy. I'm calling Verizon today to add the premium insurance plan to my phone, (which does cover theft.) I just can't stand the thought of being out the nearly $700 I paid for the phone (tax/shipping).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
If CS wont help you get a new device at the discounted upgrade price (since you have a police report and deactivated the phone), I would find the email address of the CEO (I found it once after about 15 minutes of Google searching) and email him about the situation, pleading for a discounted replacement. His secretary will get/handle the email, but I found her to be most helpful about a year ago.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
If that would have happened to me that guy would have got ran down and his ass beat down!!! Just saying...

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
If that would have happened to me that guy would have got ran down and his ass beat down!!! Just saying...

I would have chased him down and done the same thing, believe that. Then I would have held him down with my foot on his throat and called the cops.

My property = my property. I work for it, it's mine.

I'd also see if the cafe has video of it.. could give to the cops in help tracking down that loser.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Wow that jerk... Well I hope he enjoys his mini tablet until karma catches up to him.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

VonRBuzard

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I know if I had been wearing running shoes I could have at very least kept him within view. (I run marathons)

Verizon has assured me that once deactivated it becomes nothing but a hunk of metal, that not even the wi-fi will work

I may have something in the works to get it replaced (waiting to hear back)

Now looking for a holster with a retractable leash (or something) so someone grabs and dash, they only have two-three feet

VonRBuzard

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
This morning Verizon had told me that if I signed up for the insurance, that I could file a claim and get a replacement for $100

Well the claim was denied

Fortunately, Verizon has removed the cost of the insurance from my bill

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
So, for those of us who want to protect our Bionics BEFORE they get stolen, what app is the best for locating, wiping and generally protecting our phones?

(BTW, sorry for your loss.)

ddemlong

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Calll verizon and let them know, they can alert you if someone tries to activate the phone by tracking its SEID and serial numbers.

also +1 on the phone tracking apps

Joe92GT

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I was always curious, what does one do with a stolen phone that won't activate?

By now, everyone knows that the carriers black list stolen phones, so why steal them? There must be a secondary market, or something else that makes them valuable still.