GO SMS and the Droid Bionic

skertes

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
New Bionic owner here. Have been using GO SMS as an SMS replacement app on my last 3 Droid devices, including most recently the Moto Atrix 4G running 2.3.4. Absolutely love the program. The problem I'm having though, specifically and only on the Bionic, is that the popup notification doesn't work when the screen is locked. I have to unlock the screen, and then I see the popup message. On all other devices I've used this app on, incoming SMS triggers a popup that wakes the screen and the popup is sitting there on top of the lockscreen. I've gone over my settings 10 times, and compared them to settings in my older devices. I need to know if there is something I am missing, something I am doing wrong, or if I should alert the developer that the app isn't functioning properly on the Bionic.

bighaubs

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I haven't had a problem with the message popup with my Bionic. It has unlocked the screen every time just like it's supposed to.

skertes

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, I headed over to the developers' site and can see that I am not the only one with this problem. Until the developer acknowledges the problem, or someone else suggests something that works, I've switched over to Handcent and can report that it is working perfectly. Basically all the same options as GO SMS and it's free.

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
havnt tried GO SMS, but Handcent pop up works... but the Delivery Reports when i sent via Handcent to my Verizon Contacts come back Unsuccessful. But they get it.
How are the Delivery Reports in GO SMS?

skertes

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't use the delivery reports, but I'm happy to report that while GO SMS does not work on the Bionic (at least not yet) i terms of popup messages, Handcent works like a charm.

spew101

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
How do you send a text to a group you have set up in your contact list using Handcent. When I go to add a contact, and click on the Group tab and the group name shows up there. But the group shows no names in it.

the group works fine when using the stock text app, but not when using Handcent.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital