worse camera ever..

scabsk8s

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I have to say this bionic has the worse camera on any smartphone I have had... Not only does it take forever to take a pic but the pictures come out horrible, it doesn't even auto focus no matter what I do..
Anyone else have this problem?

Taz

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
In low light mine will take a little while to auto focus. But my photos come out pretty good. I had the samsung fascinate before the bionic, and i would say it is just as good in picture quality.

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Lots of people have complained about it here and on the MOTO official site forum. Just read through about 3-4 pages of this forum or use the search function. There are about 10 other threads discussing this (and suggesting SOME help, although no great solutions). K

pdecell

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
You might check out the post bionic pictures thread. The camera is very capable for a cell phone. Now the UI well that IS another matter. :D

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Bought Camera FX for auto focus and general camera goodness.

Just downloaded Snaptastic Light which fixes the crappy color of pics.

Yeah they need to fix the camera software.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Just give it some time. I'm sure there will be a fix soon. I'm sure there's also a developer out there that's already working on this exact problem. I know not everyone is into rooting. Flashing a rom with an optimized camera apk would help out a bunch

sent from planet xoom

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
My camera works great, but if you're so unhappy, take it back or sell it. There are plenty of other devices out there. They all have pro's and con's. Pick one with con's you can live with.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree the camera needs work. Among other issues, the most obvious missing capability is being able to choose the exposure - either shadow or light - in the photo. The moveable focus box is great, but the inability to control exposure is totally unacceptable! Even the lamest of point and shoots can handle this and the DX camera on Froyo was outstanding. What happened?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Checkout the Vignette camera app in the market. It seemed to focus better than the stock camera app.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Right now I'm using my thunderbolt. Camera is great. I've been keeping up on this thread and all the complaints don't really scare me. My bionic should be here next week or maybe today if I'm lucky. So I'll be testing the camera as well. I'm sure it'll be fine. Just don't forget. Its a cell phone camera.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
well, i'll say it like this.

i just switch to verizon. and i'm not happy with either the service. the fees. OR the phone. which seems to be full of bugs.

verizon may have SOMEWHAT better coverage. but for the money and the quality. they are the worse.
seriously thinking of switching back and maybe just buying one of verizons portable hotspots with the cheapest price plan for those areas i can't get coverage.

Syounger64

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
There's other thread about the same issue. As for me, I took pretty good pics of my son and videos of him playing football this am. The lighting outsode was just cloudy. Enough already with the complaints.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
well, i'll say it like this.

i just switch to verizon. and i'm not happy with either the service. the fees. OR the phone. which seems to be full of bugs.

verizon may have SOMEWHAT better coverage. but for the money and the quality. they are the worse.
seriously thinking of switching back and maybe just buying one of verizons portable hotspots with the cheapest price plan for those areas i can't get coverage.

So leave.

Simonbarsinistr

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
After messing with mine today, trying to take pictures of my one year old, I figured out some settings that helped me out. If you want a fast picture, set it to sport. It is instant with no autofocus, great for a moving kid. I also realized that the reticle is an open square when unfocused on auto, and closed and green when focussed. When its green it will take an instant shot with no delay. When its not green it takes forever and is horrible.

Sent from my Xoom

Reactions: sicario666

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
The problem really is there should be an autofocus. Nearly any program you download from the market has it and takes the picture very fast.

If you take a picture from an IPhone it focuses very fast and snaps instantly. I find that Camera FX is almost as fast - but doesn't have the color correction it needs yet. Hoping they program that in to make it a complete package.

After messing with mine today, trying to take pictures of my one year old, I figured out some settings that helped me out. If you want a fast picture, set it to sport. It is instant with no autofocus, great for a moving kid. I also realized that the reticle is an open square when unfocused on auto, and closed and green when focussed. When its green it will take an instant shot with no delay. When its not green it takes forever and is horrible.

Sent from my Xoom

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7