Glad I didn't wait for the new iPhone

scottmporter

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Now I am glad that I didn't hold off on replacing my dying blackberry with the Bionic on launch day. Unless I missed something, the iPhone 4S on Verizon will still not be able to do simultaneous voice and data. I live in an LTE area and have grandfathered VZW unlimited data and an unlimited tethering plan. My Bionic will serve me well until the LTE iPhone (which may not even come out until my 20 month wait for another upgrade is available (or I can use my son's upgrade which is available now or my wife, daughter or mother in law's which are available in May 2012).

Long live LTE (and let's hope the Nov. update fixes the camera performance from horrible (low light) to passable).

prizeferret

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Best comment I read during the announcement:

Mashable's Zoe Fox: If iPhone 4 and 4S are look twins, how will people be jealous of your new one?

That pretty much sums up why today was a major miss for Apple.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
the new iphone buyers will have to wear sweatshirts emblazoned, "My phone is an iPhone 4S" to differentiate themselves from the hapless iPhone 4 owners. :)

Last edited:

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't think this will be a major sales driver for iPhones. I think a lot of people were waiting for the iPhone 5 and now some may just bite the bullet on a 4G device like the Bionic since there is no timeline for the iP5 or 4G LTE support.

EnergyPlus

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
While not at all a fan of the IP, having just gotten the Bionic, I was curious as to what I might have missed. It appears, not much. I do give them props for their excellent display, but that alone doesn't make up for all the downsides. I am loving my Bionic, quirks and all!

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh Dave, you are enjoying this way too much, ha!

hehe! why, of COURSE I am, Cory! You know ME! :) I'm happy that Apple did their usual--put out a slightly upgraded phone and then act as if it's the second coming of Jesus Christ. They turn my stomach.

ddemlong

May 20, 2011
Visit site
you saved yourself from a life of douchebaggery and starbucks where you'd be sipping your latte and checking your 10, 000 different news apps on environmental updates.

LOL, no not all owners of Apples are douchebags, but I have more than my share try to rub in my face how their phone is so awesome and casts its godly shadow over every other phone.

Really? My bionic hit 26mbps DL and 10mbps UL, I can root it and run custom Roms. I have widgets and a customizable UI. Grants the Bionic's bootloader isnt broken yet but you can run different Kernels and Radios as well.

Apple products are targeted for simplicity with one click items for people who arent comp savy.

Reactions: Cvballa3g0

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
My favorite comment of the Day was when someone said With all the antenna issues with the iPhone 4. 4S users need someone to talk to with all the dropped calls so why not talk to the phone.:)

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the announcement made my decision easy. I wasn't surprised that it was just the 4S and, glad I got the Bionic.

ddemlong

May 20, 2011
Visit site
My favorite comment of the Day was when someone said With all the antenna issues with the iPhone 4. 4S users need someone to talk to with all the dropped calls so why not talk to the phone.:)

As long as you are not holding it in your hand to talk it works like a phone!

ddemlong

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the announcement made my decision easy. I wasn't surprised that it was just the 4S and, glad I got the Bionic.

Android is advancing MUCH faster than apple. Lets see apple push out a quad core mobile device.

Only thing they have done in the last few years is re badge the same phone about 4 times now and call it new.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Frankly, I didn't think Apple had the balls to not bring out a 4G phone. Boy was I wrong! They've got some pretty stout cojones!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance