Battery is bending?!

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
So I popped my battery out to swap with my charged extended battery and noticed it was bent. Never thought that the battery could do that but has anyone else noticed their battery doing this? I am wondering if it's because I keep the extended battery cover on regardless of which battery I have in there. Either way, I was a little surprised to say the least.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
So I popped my battery out to swap with my charged extended battery and noticed it was bent. Never thought that the battery could do that but has anyone else noticed their battery doing this? I am wondering if it's because I keep the extended battery cover on regardless of which battery I have in there. Either way, I was a little surprised to say the least.

:) well, the std battery is darn thin--I could see how it might bend.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't see how it could bend being in the phone. Is it possible you carried it in your pocket (the battery by itself...not the phone) and maybe sat on it?

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
One of the two standard batteries I have (got the bundle at Costco) I think is a little bent/warped, but I think that came from the time I took it with me and carried it in my back pocket and was sitting on it while riding in the cart playing golf. Can't say that it wasn't like that before for certain (never really looked at it that closely) but when I put it in the phone the next time, one corner seemed to stick up a little more than I recalled. Still fits in the phone correctly and works fine as near as I can tell though.....

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah not bulging but bending. It has not been in my pocket where it could get like that. I did forget to mention that I do have the extra battery charging dock though. But still weird.

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah not bulging but bending. It has not been in my pocket where it could get like that. I did forget to mention that I do have the extra battery charging dock though. But still weird.

I've had problems with my batteries bending. Typically, it's happened after dropping them. The standard battery seems to be fairly fragile.

Daniel Wu

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I had a problem with battery bending. My gf smashed my phone on hardwood floors. The screen is completey cracked, the battery pop-off and it was bent, i try plugging it into the usb to the computer but it jsut flashes a red light. Can i repair my s3? or sould i just get a new one

tripdamean

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I had a problem with battery bending. My gf smashed my phone on hardwood floors. The screen is completey cracked, the battery pop-off and it was bent, i try plugging it into the usb to the computer but it jsut flashes a red light. Can i repair my s3? or sould i just get a new one
lol ouch

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781