This new Market bloat nobody has mentioned...

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I see nobody has yet mentioned thess Videosurf Video Discovery and Verizon Video programs that appeared in the market I think yesterday. They both popped up, clearly new bloatware that Verizon is trying to force feed your phone. Lucky for me I recognized and caught them before they automatically installed (they even had the audacity to check themselves as "Update automatically"), so I unchecked that and now they're just sitting in my apps list in my market waiting to be downloaded.

What is the deal with this crap? Every review confirms its just verizon bloat that you can't remove, I don't even want the garbage on my phone. I mean, I am rooted so if it installed I'd just freeze it anyway, but is there a way to remove it from showing up in my market that doesn't involve me installing it?

Last night and again today I got notifications that these apps need to be "updated" o_O

Just ridiculous if I don't install and would have to go through the life of my phone having these nuisances bugging me to install them every day and sitting in my app list in the market. So anyone know how to get rid of it from there? Some freakin nerve, VZW.

Geezer Squid

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
These didn't appear yesterday. They are system apps that Verizon added to the OS. They are simply being updated now. All systems update and most if not all of them update automatically.

As you probably know, you can root and use Titanium Backup to "Freeze" all that crap and it will not be an issue from then on. But you can still unfreeze if you decide you need it (maybe for an OS upgrade to ICS or such).

Anyway, good luck with all that.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
As I said in OP I'm already rooted and have frozen all the bloat but I don't think these programs were there previously.

csimme01

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
As I said in OP I'm already rooted and have frozen all the bloat but I don't think these programs were there previously.
They were all on my phone "out of the box" not a sunrise to me.. I still wonder about VS Navigator on a google maps phone...

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
They were all on my phone "out of the box" not a sunrise to me.. I still wonder about VS Navigator on a google maps phone...

Lol yeah VZ will do anything to try to get more money out of you.

And I double checked to see if I was mistaken and froze these things before, nope they are not and have never been installed on my phone. So back to original question.. I do not like seeing them demanding to be installed in my Market.. I can either a) just let them install then freeze them and be done with it, or b) find some way to deny them and make them go away and stop demanding to be installed. B would be preferable, anyone have any notion of how to accomplish this? Really don't even want this crap taking up any space on my phone if I can do anything about it.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
day 1/first phone for my area and it was there the moment it was first powered on. It was one of the first things I looked for was what bloatware I would be encountering and it was there because I was wondering what it was for. You may have missed it or something but its always been there since day 1. I don't see there being a way to deny something that has been there. Best bet is to freeze it.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
VCast Tones falls into this category as well. All of a sudden, it updated on its own. Funny thing is, I know that I froze it a while back. How is it that it got updated? I do have 2 Gmail accounts... wondering if that has anything to do with it.

Sent from my Droid Bionic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC