Bionic tips and tricks

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a tip for anyone that is bothered by the audio whine. I was able to minimize it to a certain degree by adjusting the audio effects. Go to sound settings->media audio effects->wired stereo devices and choose a custom profile. Then turn the surround off and choose the equalizer as you like. I have mine set to bass punch and it seems to be a good balance. Turning the surround off seemed like it had a positive impact on decreasing the whine.

beermanmike

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
From another forum that worked out well for me:

Take a penny and rub it at a 45 degree angle across the Verizon logo on the bottom of the phone on the chrome part very lightly. It should come right off. I did this and it did not scratch it for me at all and is as if the logo was never there, it was cheaply painted on it seems but now it's "debranded" aside from the "motorola" on top.

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is a tip or trick but it is something that I just figured out. When you are playing music with the media player, I use the stock one that came on the phone, and the screen times out and goes black you can advance to the next track without having to unlock the screen. Just click the button on top to wake the screen and touch the little icon at the bottom that shows when you have media playing and it brings up a mini set of buttons (play/pause, fwd, rewind) all without having to actually unlock the screen.
I accidentally discovered this while on the treadmill I was trying to unlock the screen and hit the media player icon at the bottom of the screen and the buttons popped up

pel1kan

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the instructions on how to create folders. Is there any way to get additional icons other than those stock black and white ones?

Phlashcut + Thaicons packs (yes it's an "a" in the...)

Could also use bettercut.

Not sure if you have to have a third party launcher installed - I use ADW ex, but works great and thousands of choices.

richt

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
From another forum that worked out well for me:

Take a penny and rub it at a 45 degree angle across the Verizon logo on the bottom of the phone on the chrome part very lightly. It should come right off. I did this and it did not scratch it for me at all and is as if the logo was never there, it was cheaply painted on it seems but now it's "debranded" aside from the "motorola" on top.

:D Best tip of all.... now if It was just as easy to remove all the bloatware....

aero21

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to use a specific notification sound for a specific contact? I can't find an option to change it. I see one to change the ringtone for when they call me, but not for when they txt.

Thanks!

Reactions: jonathandpope

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to use a specific notification sound for a specific contact? I can't find an option to change it. I see one to change the ringtone for when they call me, but not for when they txt.

Thanks!
Bring up the contact, menu button, options, ringtone

Then pick the ring tone out you want to use.

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

Thanks!

I don't think you can do it with the stock text messaging, but you can do it with HandCent and GoSMSPro. I use GoSMSPro. You can set individual notification tones for contacts as well as status bar icons. If you decide to use GoSMS, you can go to the settings menu and under the advanced tab, choose individual settings and there you go!

aero21

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Bring up the contact, menu button, options, ringtone

Then pick the ring tone out you want to use.

Thanks, but thats exactly what I didn't want to do. I wanted to personalize the notification sound, I already have custom ringtones.

aero21

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you can do it with the stock text messaging, but you can do it with HandCent and GoSMSPro. I use GoSMSPro. You can set individual notification tones for contacts as well as status bar icons. If you decide to use GoSMS, you can go to the settings menu and under the advanced tab, choose individual settings and there you go!

I downloaded GoSMSPro and its working perfectly. Thanks. =)

falesq

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm a newbie to Android. I have a bionic with a charging doc. Until recently, when I had put my bionic in the dock it showed the time in large numbers, which I like (no icons). Lately, it has stopped doing that and shows my icons then the screen will turn off. I didn't change any settings that I know of. Any idea how I can get the screen to display only the time again while in the dock?

Bodhana

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I noticed there isn't a Tips and Tricks thread yet for the Bionic, so thought I'd start one...

While trying to organize my Bionic's apps into home screen folders that I created from widgets, I discovered an efficient way to do this using the stock App Tray. It may seem involved the first time through, but once you do it, it becomes easy. In about 20 minutes, I organized all my 156 apps into 9 folders - all now placed on my home screen. Also, you can access these folders individually via the upper left icon on the App Draw screen.

Here's how...

App Tray icon on home screen > icon on upper left corner of App Tray > New Group > Name it (ex: Media, Travel or ??) > press/hold folder icon on upper left corner > choose icon for the folder > THEN touch the icon immediately to the RIGHT of the folder name (a 3.5 floppy?) > Message "Empty group. select the "add" icon to add apps" > touch the "+" > apps list appears (check those you want in the folder) > OK

If you want to put the folder icon on your home screen - App Drawer > Press/hold folder icon in the upper left corner > touch selected folder > Add to Home.

You can add or delete apps from any folder at any time - or delete the whole folder, if you want. The presence of folders does NOT change the master App Drawer in any way. :)
Thanks for that tip...very helpful :)

SENSEI JEROME

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Greetings all: I use Outlook for calendar & email and want to be able to syncronize between my P.C. and Droid bionic...having a problem downloading DejaVu to my Droid- any suggestions? Sensei Jerome

efojr1

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
This is for the people who have the 902 version of android and can't get root. I found a apk that runs from win7 that put root into my droid bionic and it was called Motofail_windows. I tried just about every root a apk out there and this is the only one that gave me a rooted phone. I hope this helps some of you out there and I don't remember where I found the apk so your going to have to look for it.

MrBucket85

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Greetings all: I use Outlook for calendar & email and want to be able to syncronize between my P.C. and Droid bionic...having a problem downloading DejaVu to my Droid- any suggestions? Sensei Jerome

Install Google calendar sync on your computer and it will keep your Google calendar and Outlook calendar synchronized.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

gemjr

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Mobile Hot-spot Bionic tips and tricks

Hi. This may be old news to some but I was reasearching on how I could possibly use my new Droid Bionic as a mobile hotspot without having to pay Verizon Wireless an additional fee for that priviledge! I found a free app called Foxfi and it does exactly what I was hoping!! You just open the app and active Wi-Fi Hotspot and bingo.... you can now share your existing data with a laptop, ipod Touch...whatever and there is no additional cost as it again draws from your existing data plan.

Reactions: cindylike24

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11