Remote desktop?

jj1122

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good app that acts like "remote desktop" for PC's that will work on my bionic? I have played around a bit with Zumo cast, but I dont really want to stream media or anything like that. I just want something like remote desktop where I can get files off my pc from my phone. Zumocast seems to work to do that, but Its not working for me when Im off wifi. It works fine at home, but It always says "offline" once I leave the house and am on 3g/4g.

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I used to use Dropbox which isn't bad but I use "Minus" now. I will say with dropbox I know you can have a folder on your pc and everything in that folder is synced to dropbox. Not sure if Minus does that but I like Minus better for my purposes.

Dropbox and Minus both have an android app to interact with your files.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I use Dropbox, and it is great for accessing files.

I also use LogMeIn for remote desktop. The service is free, but the app on the droid costs $30.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I've been using teamviewer. It's free and am perfectly happy with it so far.

TV is where its at. You can use this and drop box to access files. Plus with "Unattended access" setup you can use your computer virtually anywhere. You can get it here under the mobile tab. Make sure you have unknown sources checked in the application settings or you will get an error on install.

TeamViewer Download

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I thought that's what the "built in" citrus receiver was for? Haven't tried it yet. Its in ur apps labeled citrix.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jj1122

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I might try a few of those. I had not thought of citrix. I use citrix for work to log in. Im guessing that Id have to setup my machine at home as some sort of citrix server?

anon(194966)

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you'd need to have your home machine as a Citrix server and use a virtualized desktop.

I use DropBox for syncing files and PocketCloud for remote desktop... If you use QuickOffice, it interfaces with DropBox, I switched to Docs-To-Go because it can share the license with my GTab version but I hope they interface with DropBox sooner or later.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech