Apps disappearing

indiane

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Bionic for about a month now & have been mostly pleased with the device. I've had a few apps just disappear from my phone, though. Hanging with Friends, Mix Zing, and Zumocast have all disappeared & I had to re-download them from the market. It's annoying. Anyone else have this problem and possible cause/solution? Thanks in advance.

potermac

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Do not move apps to Ext. Sd. Just leave them on the phone. A fix will hopefully be on its way in November. Some apps I think auto update and may move to sd card.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes checking the dozen or so other threads on this is a good thing :)

As said, its a bug that will be fixed in November or so... for the time being I've found you can avoid it by making sure when you add a new game/app/whatever, go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> Select the Media Area on the top, and scroll down... Anything with a green check next to it, select and click Move To Phone. This will keep it from disappearing, I believe. If it's already gone, you have to wait, they'll come back eventually, sometimes if you reboot but sometimes just at seemingly random times. When you catch one that came back, Move it to Phone. Annoying I know, but it will help til its fixed next month.

bullydogger

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
happens to my Bionic as well I am running SPB mobile shell so it remembers the locations of the disappeared apps once I re-install them. Its pretty annoying because sometimes I dont remember my own apps and what I put in what page