Looks like I have a Bionic brick now? Still no connection

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Ever since the Verizon 3G/4G outage on Sunday night, I haven't gotten a single 3G nor 4G connection since then unless I'm at home connecting to my home Wifi network?? WTF???

I might as well just run over the stupid thing now as it's not a smartphone anymore, just a "regular" phone... no internet, no emails, no nuthin :(

Is there anything I can try less going to a brick/mortar store and see what I can do?? Uhhh..

Thanks...

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Have you rebooted? Turn off, pull out sim card, reinsert, reboot again?

Don't want to tell you to root your phone if you don't want to BUT... Yesterday I was only getting 3G all morning/afternoon.. Rebooted and everything, so I just assumed the 4G network was still down. Then I had to do a cache and dalvik wipe for a mod I'm using on my ROM, and lo and behold after that I got 4G just fine. To do that you have to root and install the bionic bootstrap. The cache/dalvik wipe won't hurt your phone or cause you to lose anything. If you're nervous about it I can try to walk you through it if you PM me.

EDIT: Though also maybe you should just bring it to the store and let them have a looksie, lol

Last edited:

tbssawd07

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Have you rebooted or cycled Airplane mode? I work in a 4G area, but live in a 3G area so this happens all the time on my way home.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys for the replies..

Yea, I've done all of the following:
- Flipped airplane mode off/on (I heard this sometimes triggers network connection?)
- Turned phone off/on about 20 times in the last 2 days
- Taken out battery completely about 5 times

All still nothin :( Funny is everyone around me that has Verizon phones have NO data issues. OG Droid, iPhone, Droid X and a Thunderbolt?????

ARRGGG

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problems. I got Google voice to work, I think it's something I did wrong however, my signal is still weak and switches back from 4G to 3G a lot. This is the last day I am able to return this phone but, i really don't want to, after buying all the accessories for it.

If the Nexus prime comes out and, has all the accessories this phone has I'll probably sell it.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problems. I got Google voice to work, I think it's something I did wrong however, my signal is still weak and switches back from 4G to 3G a lot. This is the last day I am able to return this phone but, i really don't want to, after buying all the accessories for it.

My last day would have been today, but I am mostly scheduled up all day today, so I went and exchanged the Bionic for the Droid 3 yesterday. I always thought the Bionic was too big, but hoped to get used to it. I never used 4G - didn't need it, and kept the phone on CDMA only anyway - but still had no networking when the 4G network outage happened. Add to that the fact that I kept having 3G dropouts in areas where I know there is a strong 3G signal (from my last phone.) It just wasn't worth it for me.

The Droid 3 is a bit thicker than I would like, but the display is the same resolution on a smaller display, the length and width are less than the Bionic. It's still dual-core OMAP (though 512 MB RAM vs 1 GB RAM), but it's a solid 3G phone, can be a world phone - I may be traveling in the next year and a half or so, and this may be something I'll want. The Nexus sounds like it will be even bigger than the Bionic, the Razr won't be any smaller; I hope that they come out with better 4G radios, perhaps which can provide 3G coverage when 4G drops, but we'll see. It was too much of a crap-shoot for me so I'll look at 4G phones in June 2013 when I can upgrade again.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
My last day would have been today, but I am mostly scheduled up all day today, so I went and exchanged the Bionic for the Droid 3 yesterday. I always thought the Bionic was too big, but hoped to get used to it. I never used 4G - didn't need it, and kept the phone on CDMA only anyway - but still had no networking when the 4G network outage happened. Add to that the fact that I kept having 3G dropouts in areas where I know there is a strong 3G signal (from my last phone.) It just wasn't worth it for me.

The Droid 3 is a bit thicker than I would like, but the display is the same resolution on a smaller display, the length and width are less than the Bionic. It's still dual-core OMAP (though 512 MB RAM vs 1 GB RAM), but it's a solid 3G phone, can be a world phone - I may be traveling in the next year and a half or so, and this may be something I'll want. The Nexus sounds like it will be even bigger than the Bionic, the Razr won't be any smaller; I hope that they come out with better 4G radios, perhaps which can provide 3G coverage when 4G drops, but we'll see. It was too much of a crap-shoot for me so I'll look at 4G phones in June 2013 when I can upgrade again.

I still got time but, still not sure. The thing is, it works fine when I'm out in the city but the signal is really weak in my home. It wouldn't be a big deal if i didn't use this phone for my business but, I need to at least be able to receive calls. I've never had good reception in my house from Verizon but, never had any dropped calls.

I may wait for the update in November. By that time we will know about the nexus phone and, I can decide then. The thing that's making me have doubts is, I can return it today for a refund (less Verizon's $35.00 fee) or sell it, with all accessories; on ebay for most-likely less than what I paid for it.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Well, I stopped by the local VZW store on my way home from work and all they did was remove the SIM card and put it back in. I had 4G within seconds and they said there ya go.

Within about 5mins, back to no network :(( FU VZW... It was pouring outside and was almost home, so I said F it and I'll go back again tomorrow evening and start to raise some hell...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908