Neat Trick with Bionic

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so everyone is seemingly complaining about the RAZR being so thin, so I developped this trick for you all and for me.

Okay, it is simple, first thing is to install the extended battery. When the extended battery is in this thing it is like a tank with a really cool screen.

Step 2. Use the phone with the extended battery for a few days. 2 at least.

Step 3. Replace the standard battery.

BAAAM. Your phone feels thin and light. Eat that RAZR fans!

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
LOL! Would you believe (Maxwell Smart) that last night I put the std battery back in and left it out of the holster shell to see how it felt? LOL! there was a good and bad side to that little exercise: the phone was certainly lighter and more svelte, but it was harder to hold...I soon put it back in the shell. :)

oh, and another thing, the extended battery back protects the camera lens better than the std back.

b0n3s

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Or throw it in an otterbox defender, results should be about the same lol. In all honesty I love the size of my bionic though.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Haha...nice trick! Personally, I know the trend is going to sealed batteries, but I'm one of the few that likes plenty of battery power with extended batteries (and having the ability to yank the battery). I can get 2 whole days on a single charge with my 4G off and Wifi on all the time. Monday-Friday I'm either at work or home, both with Wifi, so no need for the 4G. Good luck on getting 2 days on a charge with the Razr...just not going to happen. That problem is only going to get worse as the battery ages, and with the Bionic we can always buy a new battery and put it in. In the Razr...yea, not going to happen. The one thing that does make me stray of the bionic is the nicer screen on the Razr..but thats ok. I came from a Storm 2 so I'm happy.

eallan

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Haha...nice trick! Personally, I know the trend is going to sealed batteries, but I'm one of the few that likes plenty of battery power with extended batteries (and having the ability to yank the battery). I can get 2 whole days on a single charge with my 4G off and Wifi on all the time. Monday-Friday I'm either at work or home, both with Wifi, so no need for the 4G. Good luck on getting 2 days on a charge with the Razr...just not going to happen. That problem is only going to get worse as the battery ages, and with the Bionic we can always buy a new battery and put it in. In the Razr...yea, not going to happen. The one thing that does make me stray of the bionic is the nicer screen on the Razr..but thats ok. I came from a Storm 2 so I'm happy.

I can't believe plugging a phone in on your nightstand before you go to bed every night is something people aim to avoid. It's a total nonissue to charge daily.

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I put the extended battery on my Bionic because I wanted the extra heft. I rarely drop below 70% battery level in a full day of use.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

To play devil's advocate for a minute (I am not getting a Razr), I just need the phone to get from morning when I unplug until evening when I go to bed. I don't need it to get two full days. And if I have access to a charger in my car while driving to work, or an electrical outlet so I can plug the phone in at work while I am not using it, that's any easy fix.

The great news is that for people who want thin, there is the Razr. For people who wil sacrifice thinness for a removable battery, there is the Bionic. They are both excellent - you can't go wrong with either phone.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Lol I did this the other day...swapped back to my standard battery to see how it would work with the new Powerboost script on the TH3ORY ROM. I got home with like 40% battery yesterday, 30% today, and I used it quite a lot. Not too shabby, especially since I use my standard as a second battery if for some reason my extended ever dies lol.

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
After reading this I did your trick. It is WAY lighter and smaller.

I'm going to see how my battery life is for a few days like it this way.

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
You've already converted me away from the extended.

It's way lighter and as far as I'm concerned easier to hold.

The extended will now collect dust. Perhaps I'll use it for trips.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking the same thing about retiring the extended IF the regular battery can last a full day at the least, unless there's something extraordinary going on. I put the extended in right after I bought it, so I haven't really checked how the stock battery lasts.

My biggest gripe is beyond the heft of the Bionic on extended battery steroids - there is only ONE case (so far) that will hold the extended battery ... and its the purely functional and totally black Vz case/combo. I love the holster in this combo, slim and light, and effective. But the blackness ... I want to have a case that adds to the overall impact, not hides the entire device!

With the extended battery, there is no choice in cases - other than the Vz combo and the leather Vz sideways holster. I don't want the Bionic to be "exposed" without a protective case. So, it appears to be standard battery for looks or extended for service. I'm hoping the standard battery will work...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang