Bionic Default Launcher

Codeworks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hello, all.

I installed GO Launcher EX and it seems to slow down the phone quite a bit. I wanted to go back and play with the default launcher. On my other devices, it was as simple as going to the launcher, clearing defaults and then you could re-select which one you wanted.

On the Bionic, I do not see a Launcher, MotoBlur launcher, etc... Am I missing it? Where do I clear out the default on the Bionic Launcher so I can switch between them?

Thanks much.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Hello, all.

I installed GO Launcher EX and it seems to slow down the phone quite a bit. I wanted to go back and play with the default launcher. On my other devices, it was as simple as going to the launcher, clearing defaults and then you could re-select which one you wanted.

On the Bionic, I do not see a Launcher, MotoBlur launcher, etc... Am I missing it? Where do I clear out the default on the Bionic Launcher so I can switch between them?

Thanks much.

Uninstall Go launcher then. Or download Homeswitcher from the market, that will let you switch. Honestly though I was using Go before and it didn't slow me down at all, not sure if you had something set wrong. Would help to clear all the widgets off your motoblur homescreens while your running Go probably, if thats an issue. I switched back to Launcher Pro personally tho, just like the app drawer better and the overall smoothness.

RoyEP3

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I do notice it to run slower with go launcher running while using a live wallpaper (blue skies). But it's smooth on static or almost static wallpapers (bionic eye).

Geezer Squid

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I found that Launcher Pro lagged and Go Launcher was slower. Zeam works very, very well on my Bionic. However, I was lured into trying SPB and even though it is a staggering $14.95!!! I still bought it and love it. Very interactive and different. I installed it yesterday and haven't stopped playing with it yet! http://www.androidcentral.com/spb-shell-3d-android-very-slick-launcher-thats-just-too-expensive

I'm just glad it wasn't more expensive!!

Dang that launcher looks awesome... No way in hell I'm shelling out $15 for a launcher tho LoL :-[

Jbairdjr

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I went back to using ADW Launcher on my Bionic, and it works really well.
I had been using Go Launcher on my Droid X, but I dont like the way it ran on the Bionic.

Reactions: Dandroide

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I had tried Go Launcher for a while but never found it to be as smooth as LauncherPro. LauncherPro is very smooth even with a live wallpaper. Wish it had some of the options that Go Launcher had, but I still like it better.

Geezer Squid

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Dang that launcher looks awesome... No way in hell I'm shelling out $15 for a launcher tho LoL :-[

Not $15!! It's $14.95!!

I must say that I agonized over it before making that purchase, but I've gotten way more that 15 dollars worth of entertainment playing with it so far. Its sort of like giving a shiny toy to a monkey!! (well actually it like selling the to shiny toy to the monkey for $15!!! :D )

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently using ADW launcher (free version) with the cm7 antique theme and I really like it. My kids love the different robots on skateboards...they insist on switching my wallpaper for me every day

Sent from my HTC Merge

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I loved Launcher Pro Plus on my Droid X, but when I installed it on the Bionic, it just seemed "more of the same" and the native launcher is so nice. I especially like the Bionic widgets for basic functions such as Favorites, Airplane Mode, GPS, Bluetooth, and Wifi. They glisten when you change the screens, also shifting their shapes. The stock launcher, IMO, is slicker than the LPP.

Jbairdjr

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I decided after using ADW to try the stock launcher, and stock is noticeably faster. Sorry ADW, this time (at least on my BIONIC) stock is better

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Y'all should really try Zeam Launcher. It's free on the market and works nicely for me. Tiny bit of scroll lag when scrolling through screens in the app drawer but other than that, works great. Also allows 8 visible icons in the dock, which I really like. Cuts down on the # of home screens for me.