Bionic Owners: I need your help/opinion

gonecks1

May 11, 2011
Visit site
The wife is due for an upgrade, should she get the Bionic or wait for he Razr? Our Costco still has the bundle pack for like $249. Wondering if you guys are happy with the Bionic or wished you'd have known the Razr was coming out. Thanks!!

5h4un360

May 11, 2011
Visit site
The Bionic is great on battery on 3G and Wifi (didn't have LTE at the time to test it out) but its even better with the extended battery. It's fast, ans feels great in the hand. Phones are also great, very clear and never had a drop call. Its a great phone overall. But really depends on rather ir not she can get over the screen. Others notice it but in my opinion I don't. With the Razr, its screen will be as any other Samsung's Super Amoled screens.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I think I'd be happy with either, to tell the truth. there are some rough edges to the Bionic (whine in headphone output, data connectivity can be flaky, black screen, random reboots..) but most of the time it's fine. I'm hoping an update or two will eliminate at least a couple of those common issues.

If she doesn't like Pentile displays, wait for the RAZR. I prefer a screen that is the most readable in sunlight, so for that reason, I don't mind having the Pentile. If sunlight readability wasn't necessary for my purpose, I'd rather have a non-Pentile display, all else being equal. However, the Super AMOLED PLUS screens look kinda "cartoonish" to me--the colors are not natural by any means. They may impress at first glance, but accuracy is not their forte.

I can't imagine that the RAZR will be perfect, but the hardware seems to be nice, judging from the demo. Time will tell...

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Your wife should have some input here. Does she mind having a lot of weight in her purse? If this is an issue, the Razr would be better for her. Given that the Bionic and Razr are comparable phones - the form factor may be deciding.

racquetballer

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
If she's going to use it as a WiFi Hotspot I'd recommend the Bionic. I'm often away from a power source and the Hotspot will definitely consumer your battery. With my Bionic I have two regular batteries and one extended battery to pop in.. Try that with a Razr... Oh you can't.. LoL To each their own..

gonecks1

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Women have not been afforded sufferage in my house so she gets no input, lol. I think she's big on the thinness and weight of the razr, but I don't trust the battery claims. Thanks for everyone's input. I tried reading the "pawned" thread but it bacame readily apparent the thread was to cry about it rather than have a debate on which phone was superior.

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
My suggestion on October 21st is wait on the RAZR. Unless she is a high end user, this will be a better overall purchase for her. Size, weight, and construction materials make it a "better" device for a non power user. It will have all the processing power that the bionic has and it's software will be on par with the device.

If she is a high end user (technically or daily use), then I would consider the bionic. The removable battery for someone that travels a lot is a real plus. Course if you guys are outside a lot that is a consideration too.... But I honestly think the internal battery will work ok for normal usage.

The bionic is an excellent device, but I know my wife would vote for something that fit in her purse, didnt weigh her down as much, and was more durable incase it dropped.

dpi92231

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I love my bionic. The Razr sounds like a great phone. I personally like the fell of thr bionic in my hand.

I have an otterbox cover on it and love it even more it fells really solid. Drop it a few days ago and nothing happen to it.

I am a power user i am pulling emails from my company site and 3 personal emails accounts i am constantly texting with my guys and gals in the field and and the phone with the office and clients.

Waiting for phone cover to buy ext bat. Phone keeps up with me have a few hick ups here and there. But over all i love this phone.

I believe the batt is permanently affixed to the Rarz. So you will never be able to swap it out. Once i upgrade i can get a new bat for my phone and use it as a mp3 player or something else i will give it second life this way there is no need for new ipod. I know i will give it to my kid so he can use it as a gameboy.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
As a woman, I suggest you wait until the Razr comes out and then compare. I bought the Bionic last week, and I do like the Bionic, but I just don't love it, but I can see why some people can. For me personally, the repeated black screens, reboots, the terrible battery (and I have it on 3g mostly), and the heavyness to it have contributed to my decision to return it. My old phone crapped out, so I needed a phone ASAP and decided to give the Bionic a try. And while it's a good phone, it's not for me. So I'm going to use my sister's old crapberry until the new phones come out and then decide from there what to get next. If she's not into having the most recent phone, she'd probably like it. I heard a guy talking at Verizon yesterday saying he wanted the Bionic because it's the best phone around and will be for a while, I wanted to whisper about the Razr and Nexus but I was worried I'd get kicked out. :-*

Oh and if she likes to have a decent camera on the Bionic, I'd definitely wait. The camera isn't completely terrible, but I like to use my phone for photos a lot and out of 5 shots, maybe 1 will be a decent one.

PolishLogic

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Bought my Bionic on release day from Costco w/the pack, knowing full-well there were shiny new devices on the horizon. I can honestly say I have no regrets what so ever. I love my phone and the two items I've had occasional issues with (3g/4g dropping & slight hiss during media playback) are slated to be fixed with the November update.

YMMV but I think its a great phone and the Costco pack was a killer deal.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Razr looks nice but the internal battery is a complete turn off. Bionic is a nice,solid device. I have the 2760mah battery and I go well into the 24hr mark with about 30% to spare. Not only that. The razr will have an excellent display but once again...battery.

Sent from D3blurr3d Droid Bionic

fearthetater

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
i just got the bionic last week on the uber amazon penny sale and by god the bionic at a penny is a sick deal and hard to pass up even with the new uber phones coming. I am with the other posters in saying sure the display is noticable to see the lines but i can live with them. I'm guessing us bionic users can over clock to razor's 1.2 (thought i heard that the processors were the same just razor's is a factory overclock).

now granted i'm still only on a week and will be able to return if the razor is at a decent price on amazon but frankly i am having a very hard time with the perma battery. i have to charge at least once a day while at work so for the bionic i am shopping a extended battery and that is where the true deal breaking will come to play in choices. Also i am the type that if the phone freezes(happened to me alot on my past three phones) i find it way faster to just pull the battery then hoping the freeze lets me power down and back on which you have to do on the razor i'm guessing.

i would also say it would come down to just how badly you want ICS and how long are you willing to wait for it. Razor will get it first i would think but like the post on the main page for if your device is getting ICS there is no way bionic is far behind the razor in ICS. my guess would be what maybe a month?

i am with the other posters sure there's a ton of threads on the vs of these phones but they seem more like the bionic buyers who feel dirty because of the razor coming out so soon after bionic.

like i said i got the bionic for all of a penny and that alone if it came down to say 200 on amazon(always seems way cheaper then anywhere else on new phones) for the razor and a penny for a bionic the bionic to me is the slam dunk because display and a .2 increase in processor speed when you can do it yourself(?) just doesn't make paying the 199.99 extra for a razor that could have issues because of the battery and not being able to remove it.

just my 2 pennies anyways

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
The wife is due for an upgrade, should she get the Bionic or wait for he Razr? Our Costco still has the bundle pack for like $249. Wondering if you guys are happy with the Bionic or wished you'd have known the Razr was coming out. Thanks!!

I'd let her pick. Go to a VZW with her on the 27th and let her see both. The RAZR is probably a little nicer of a phone, but some people seem to prefer a few features of the Bionic that it won't have (removable battery, etc.). If she keeps her phone in her purse, the RAZR might be your best bet...it's gorilla glass/kevlar and looks ridiculously durable.