Copy and Paste Text????

jblackfish

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
How do you copy and paste text on the Bionic?!!! I can long the place and expand the markers but, when I try to move the top marker to the top of the page the whole thing disappears! Even if I try to do it in smaller sections I can't find the copy OR paste commands. It's not an icon at the bottom and it's not in the menu - this is the simplest thing and I did it a lot using my Incredible but it's a mystery on the Bionic.

Simonbarsinistr

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
After you highlight the text you want (I can't help you with that difficulty) you just tap the highlighted text again and it copies it. Then limits long press the area you want it to go and the options to paste will pop up.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jblackfish

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a million, Simon. I'd have never gotten that - it's the simple things ... and where in the instruction manual does it tell me how to do that? (It may be there and I overlooked it in my haste.)
Copy and Paste is a LOT more difficult on the Bionic than the Incredible!

jblackfish

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
yeah i find it to be really hard to get the right text selected if I'm going for a small part of a larger text block.
...and I'm surprised at that! I spent a career in software development for average people to operate - bankers in my case. We spent untold hours testing our software to make simple operations EASY to perform. With this "Bionic app" it appears that NO ONE has ever even TRIED to copy and paste. The simplest operations in today's software is, in some cases, not very usable at all! Go figure.

Anyway, thanks again for the help/comments.

dpi92231

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
There is an app for that copy and paste it. You dont need yo be rooted for basic copy and paste. If you are rooted you have more options. Love the app.

jblackfish

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, dpi. I got the app and will try it out shortly. I use it mostly for posting to my "Notes" app for info, etc. I appreciate the help. I'm probably not gonna root. I tried it a couple of times with my Incredible and it never would complete. :confused: Don't much feel like taking the time again....

Newport Viper

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
This was reason # 2 I returned it after BSofDeath. Terrible cut and paste....... I tired to cut and paste parts of emails and it was next to impossible

jblackfish

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
There is an app for that copy and paste it. You dont need yo be rooted for basic copy and paste. If you are rooted you have more options. Love the app.

I don't think the Copy and Paste app is much better, frankly. It's for "registering" words and phrases for use later. I want something that will copy a couple of screens of text so that I can paste it somewhere else. This app is more of a dictionary/phase speed-substitute (if I said that correctly.) It's still amazing to me that such a simple operation was basically left un-working in the Android app! :confused:

Simonbarsinistr

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any trouble highlighting text yet, it its similar to the droid x after the gb update, so maybe I'm just used to it.

jblackfish

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any trouble highlighting text yet, it its similar to the droid x after the gb update, so maybe I'm just used to it.

I don't have any problem with a little bit of text. Try to high-light more than one screen of email text from bottom to top (or top to bottom) - O:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome