Not happy with the stock camera on the Bionic and the free apps are very limited. Trying to decide between Vignette or Camera ZOOM FX paid versions (unless you recommend something even better). I'm looking for faster focus and snapshot speeds, quality photos, ease of use, most creative options and shooting modes, less bug errors, ability to use volume buttons to take the pic instead of the screen. I have an expensive SLR camera for my important photos and I don't want to bring the point and shoot cam anymore for everyday shots (it's just a 5mp anyway). So which paid app from your experience would you highly recommend?
    10-21-2011 11:34 AM
    I bought Camera Zoom FX.... and never looked back.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    10-21-2011 01:23 PM
    I bought Camera Zoom FX also - Hoping they add color fixing soon.
    10-21-2011 01:25 PM
    I bought Camera Zoom FX.... and never looked back.

Ditto.
    10-21-2011 01:40 PM
    Bought Camera Zoom FX and it is day and night to the stock camera. Worth the 5$ for sure
    10-21-2011 01:43 PM
    Vignette for me, although camera zoom is also a good option.
    10-21-2011 01:45 PM
    Camera Zoom FX is awesome! Well worth $5. I love how fast it takes pictures and all of the effects (steady shot, different focus grids/cross-hairs). You can't go wrong with this one.
    10-21-2011 08:11 PM
    Camera zoom for me, although I still use the stock camera for panoramic photos.

10-21-2011 08:43 PM
    Camera Zoom FX works great.
    10-21-2011 09:13 PM
    I just tried bought Camera Zoom FX and wanted to take a picture in a dark room without the flash. Already dislike it because there's no option to adjust brightness/exposure. Even the stock camera app had this option. Gonna have to go with Vignette.
    10-22-2011 12:29 AM
    I wrote them and they said they would be adding those features.

Also ICS will have those features built in.

I just tried bought Camera Zoom FX and wanted to take a picture in a dark room without the flash. Already dislike it because there's no option to adjust brightness/exposure. Even the stock camera app had this option. Gonna have to go with Vignette.
    10-22-2011 02:41 AM
    I just want to say Thanks for starting this thread! I was wondering what to do about the camera app on my new Bionic. After reading this thread, I bought Camera Zoom FX and then installed Camera Zoom FX Composites, one of the many "FREE" add-ons for Camera Zoom FX. I took my family to one of those fall hayride & corn maze things and took lots of photos. I like how the new app works. Thanks for the tip!

One suggestion I would make... There seem to be a number of add-ons for the main app. If you are looking for a particular feature not included with the main app, one of the add-ons may have that feature.

Again, Thanks to all for the advise. I like the app.
    10-23-2011 07:24 PM
    Camera Zoom FX will not be perfect until they put in a color fix or allow you to do it with brightness and contrast.

However it's the best we have for now.
    10-23-2011 08:05 PM
    Camera zoom FX for me too! Love it. I wish I could get it to work with the double tap home icon thing, but such is life.
    10-23-2011 11:54 PM
    Camera Zoom FX is awesome! Well worth $5. I love how fast it takes pictures and all of the effects (steady shot, different focus grids/cross-hairs). You can't go wrong with this one.
    ditto
    10-24-2011 07:40 AM
    Yeah I got it and really I have not made any deep testing but I can tell in night or very dark condition the. Camera zoom fx really focus much better than built in app

Enviado desde mi DROID BIONIC usando Tapatalk
    10-28-2011 02:23 AM
    Ditto to what he said...I've downloaded all of the add-ons for it as well, and you can have a lot of fun with the picture after you take it...much faster than the stock Bionic's app.
    10-28-2011 03:32 PM
    My only complaint about the app was the time it took to download all those separate add-ons. I wish he'd just make a deluxe add-ons download that included everything.

10-28-2011 03:38 PM