Activation Mayhem! Europe edition...

geno2w1

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I searched, and read...no help.

I am living in Germany for another month and bought a DB (from Amazon) to have when I land in the US. I've had a $30 prepaid POS for the last 4 years and this is my first Android. I'm far from being a true Geek.

I got the DB today thinking I'd just be able to run it without a SIM till I get stateside. Guess not. I put the Verizon SIM in and it does nothing but tell me to wait. I live in an area that barely has Edge coverage, let alone 4G. I got the phone to connect to my WIFI, but didn't expect that to work.

I read a few posts about going to a 3G area and "pressing the 4 corners", but I can't get the 4 corners to do a damn thing. How do I do this magic sequence?

I thought about putting my Telekom (T-Mobile in the motherland) SIM card in and hopefully just activating the phone, but I'm afraid that might brick the phone.

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
The Bionic is not a world phone so you won't get cellular service of any kind in Germany. You'll have to deal with your $30 POS for another month. The Bionic should work just fine on WIFI but don't expect to make calls on it unless you're using Skype or sipdroid (or one of the many sip solutions).

geno2w1

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
"Should" is the key word. I can't get past the activation screen. I'd be happy just using it as an alarm clock and figuring out Android. That's my dilemma.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze