Some love for the Bionic

Mahbles

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I just got the Droid Bionic, even after the announcement of the RAZR. I have no regrets at all. I'm very impressed with the Bionic's screen and how fast everything is. Even my Droid X wasn't this fast when I pulled it out of the box.

I'm a semi-power user and since our company uses Lotus Notes, they use a third party email client called touchdown for Mobile Iron. On the Droid X, there were significant lags when composing and sending emails, but on the Bionic, it's very fast. I also like the new haptic vibration feeling, it's much more HTC like and subdued, instead of the thumping the DX gave me.

All in all, very impressed with the Bionic and I love that it's about the same size as the DX. I'll happily let the RAZR peeps gush all over the device, but once you realize you have to charge the sucker twice a day like the iPhone 4 and 4S, you'll wish you had a removable or upgradeable battery like the Bionic.

Reactions: KillerG and jroc

ts47

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
The Bionic is a great phone! It's also a phone that is only a couple of weeks away from being a bug free phone. This one fact alone is enough reason to be happy you took the plunge. It is a really good first 4G phone with enough power and features to last until something truly special comes along.

Sometime in 2012, the 3G and 4G modems will be merged onto one chip with better reception and better power management. Numerous other improvements will likely show up as well. Ice Cream Sandwich still needs time for the apps that we all know and love to be updated for that operating system.

I am very comfortable sitting back, enjoying my bug free Bionic 4G phone while time and technology do their thing and present us with a truly special phone that will do things that we never dreamed were possible.

Long Live the Bionic!!

Last edited:

pdecell

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had the bionic since 9/8 and the hardware is great. I've had none of the audio issues some users are having but did have to do one battery pull when the phone failed to power up. I love the size-and while I look forward to seeing the Razr's OLED screen, I am happy with the pentile screen compared to say the Droid Charge's OLED.

I agree about the haptic feedback-it is wonderful. I do have software issues-the stock gallery is a bit inscrutable. It will update for a time and mysteriously stop updating and then a few days later start updating again. Of course the stock camera app is weak. But that is easily fixed with one of several apps- I use mainly Camera FX along with photoshop express. The camera itself is very good given the limitations of a small device and I have gotten some great prints from the images.

Sure the Razr is marginally thinner- but my Bionic lives in an Otterbox so the end result is more thick than thin anyway. One hardware detail that I appreciate is that the Bionic does have an FM radio so I can listen to NPR on the bus going to work. For some reason Moto did not support it with software so you need an app.

Hopefully Moto and VZ follow though and support this phone with some ice cream!

Given all the beefing about the Bionic, sometimes I feel that I have the Rodney Dangerfield of cell phones. :D

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Sometime in 2012, the 3G and 4G modems will be merged onto one chip with better reception and better power management.

I did not know this. With that and quad core processors around the corner I'm going to hold off on using my upgrade until next year.

OP, nice to see some love here instead of another "I can't believe Motorola released a better phone!" threads.