Just wondering if there are any games that take advantage of the dual screen capability of the HDMI-out on the Bionic? For example, something like Real Racing 2 on the iphone 4s/ipad 2, where you can use the device as the steering wheel with the course map and other info displayed on the device screen, with the primary display being the television.
    10-24-2011 09:55 AM
    Something like that is probably really good for plugging into your screen and using your TV... I have tried something more like Plants VS. Zombies on a larger screen and really it's a waste to do something like that. Simply because you have to look at your phone to do all the touching of things that have to happen in certain places that just can't be done blindly while looking NOT at the device. So, for my kids to watch me play Plants Vs. Zombies, it's great because they can see it... as the player, not so great because it is just a cable that keeps me close to a TV while I still stare at the device.
    10-24-2011 10:05 AM
    BasPilot - agreed. Typical games would not be great to play over HDMI-out since you end up looking at the phone's screen anyway. What I want to know is if there are any games specifically designed to be played over HDMI-out. Instead of just mirroring the screen, you could have the controller on the phone and the primary display out to the TV (assuming the controls were simple enough that you didn't have to look at the phone), or you could have secondary information on the phone's screen, like many Nintendo DS games do.
    10-24-2011 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD