Does anyone have any clue where I can locate the shutter sound file location. I've tried the silent apps, app settings, ringer media and notification volume. Nothing works, and I want it gone! Any info or help would be great, thanks all!
    10-25-2011 07:07 AM
    If you want the camera not to have the shutter sound you can select shutter tone in settings and turn it off.
    10-25-2011 07:17 AM
    sorry let me rephrase the question. Does anyone know where stock sound files are located so I can delete/change them. ie pathing
    10-26-2011 09:40 AM
    I'm not sure if it's the same on this phone - I'm not rooted - but on my last phone it was /system/media/audio/ui. I think it's the one called "camera_click.ogg". I see that file there in Astro.
    huthjustih likes this.
    10-26-2011 02:59 PM
    Why do you want to "repath" a file you can mute in the settings?
    10-26-2011 06:08 PM
    /system/media/audio/ui I think, it might be in another directory under audio but I believe it's in ui. Just remember to change the permissions on the file (I use root explorer) to match the rest. Reboot and enjoy!
    huthjustih likes this.
    10-27-2011 01:45 PM
    You need "Enforced Stream Silencer", sorry I don't remember where I got it.

Does anyone have any clue where I can locate the shutter sound file location. I've tried the silent apps, app settings, ringer media and notification volume. Nothing works, and I want it gone! Any info or help would be great, thanks all!
    10-27-2011 02:54 PM