never had a phone like this before

i2miowaboy

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
My first Bionic started to turn itself ON sometime after 'Powering Off', so..they gave me a "certified" replacement. One week later it did the same thing, then the screen froze (took the battery out and in, and it worked OK again), then it turned itself OFF and I couldn't turn it back ON until I once again did a battery OUT and IN reboot. The next night after 'power down' 1 hr later it turned itself on again! Now they are sending me a 3rd one to try. Verizon has been good about replacements BUT so far this POS is a pain. Also...my wife got the same phone on my origional recomendation, now her's shuts off by itself and won't turn ON again until a battery OUT and IN reboot. Verizon says they have never heard of these problems!? WTF:(

THARD11

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I feel your pain I am on my 4th Samsung Fascinate, my daughter has had 3 and the problems still continue with both. Screen locks up for no reason, calls go straight to voice mail, text messages that will not go out, GPS takes for ever to come on, terrible lag, ect... I will be so glad when I can get a new phone!

Bionic Bobsled

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
My first Bionic started to turn itself ON sometime after 'Powering Off', so..they gave me a "certified" replacement. One week later it did the same thing, then the screen froze (took the battery out and in, and it worked OK again), then it turned itself OFF and I couldn't turn it back ON until I once again did a battery OUT and IN reboot. The next night after 'power down' 1 hr later it turned itself on again! Now they are sending me a 3rd one to try. Verizon has been good about replacements BUT so far this POS is a pain. Also...my wife got the same phone on my origional recomendation, now her's shuts off by itself and won't turn ON again until a battery OUT and IN reboot. Verizon says they have never heard of these problems!? WTF:(

Most (not all) Bionics do that. There's even a thread here polling folks whether they have this problem.

Mine used to do it then I went into setting/battery & data manager/batterymode/custom battery saver then have it hibernate from 10PM to 7AM and the problem went away. Not 100% guaranty but it seemed to work for me.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had this issue before...mine would sometimes randomely turn off, but it would come back on. I haven't had it happen to me since I flashed a custom ROM. Check over all your apps, make sure one of them isn't doing it somehow.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power