From the time I bought my Bionic when connecting to my PC via USB mass storage, it worked fine. I would have access to both the internal storage and the external sd card storage.

Now rather suddenly when I connect it via usb mass storage I get access to the external SD card but the internal only shows "CD Drive Motorola" (image attached) and does not allow access to the internal storage.

When clicking on the CD Drive Motorola, it shows four files; Autorun.inf, config.ini., Motohelper_2.0.51_Driver_5.1.0.exe and setup.exe.

When connecting one time it showed a MOTO directory under the CD Drive Motorola and it allowed access to the internal storage but it only happened once and since then has not reappeared.

Can anyone offer some insight as to what I should do to restore access to the internal storage?

Thanks
    10-29-2011 02:54 PM
    When you plug in the USB, try the PC Mode. For some reason, the standard "USB mode" doesn't give you access to very much - only the photo DCIM folder, if I remember right. However, the PC Mode will give you the rest of the SD card folders.

BTW - the Moto app seems to be more helpful than it was for the Droid X. I did install it and used it to transfer some files. However, the PC Mode enables the (expected) drag/drop capabilities.
    10-29-2011 07:44 PM
    Yeah I would try out PC mode or Windows Media sync if you're just doing music and such. PC Mode is usually the best
    10-30-2011 02:29 PM
    Of all the droid phones I have had, I have to say, that plugging into the USB on the computer with this phone has been by far the most frustrating. It takes long and sometimes doesn't react or recognize for several minutes. Some of the time, I have had to wait for the driver and such to install into the computer. I'm not sure what is up with that either. I mean seriously, every time you plug into the computer you need to do that?
    10-30-2011 04:18 PM
    Lucky you- I can't get my computer to even load the driver- I get a driver malfunction 100% of the time - including my Laptop- both running Win 7 Pro
    10-30-2011 04:37 PM