Disable threaded Gmail emails on Bionic??

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Is there ANY way to disable the "threaded"/"conversation" view in email listings in Gmail? I don't want my emails threaded like text messages, but there doesn't seem to be any option on the Bionic to disable this.

I've UN-checked "threaded" or "conversation" views on my Gmail account via computer and on other devices, but the Bionic doesn't offer that option.

A major issue is losing access to attachments once additional responses are threaded into the email. This is a problem, for example, for photographs. If you don't save the attachment to your Bionic, you will not be able to view it later (or save it, either).

Anyone know how to do this on the Bionic? Everything else seems to have this option in settings.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried the (free) mail client K9? I'm not sure if it supports unthreaded conversations - it's been a long time since I've used it - but it's probably the best mail client for Android (besides Gmail, IMHO, but I love the Gmail client.)

jj1122

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Im very interested in this also if someone has figured it out. Im not interested in k-9 or another app. Ive tried k9 and dont like it. I just want to be able to "un thread" the gmail app.